TK 10204 Requesting HWT EIB Status (AP)[APPROVED] 2nd

Wow....Just noticed something, Shawn. The "vent" covers and bottom of the cone need to be painted with the "Silver Fox" color spray paint. I will send you a partially used can free of charge, which will be more than enough to cover these areas. Just PM me.

I thought gray was acceptable.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Wow....Just noticed something, Shawn. The "vent" covers and bottom of the cone need to be painted with the "Silver Fox" color spray paint. I will send you a partially used can free of charge, which will be more than enough to cover these areas. Just PM me.

Thanks for the paint.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Wow....Just noticed something, Shawn.  The "vent" covers and bottom of the cone need to be painted with the "Silver Fox" color spray paint.  I will send you a partially used can free of charge, which will be more than enough to cover these areas.  Just PM me.

I just checked the CRL and the picture shows gray.  Where does it state the Silver Fox?  Just curios.  I am not trying to be a pain.

For the record, there is no color scheme in the CRL. It has been debated what the color is in the locations discussed above. Even my backpack was approved with slate blue vents. Afterwards some argued they should have be grey. Long story short were all correct. Given the reference photos we have at hand it can be easily argued exactly what the color is. From a DO's point of view you're close enough Shawn, and no discredit to Joseph for trying to make it, in his opinion, screen accurate. We won't make you repaint it for EIB, or Centurion if you choose to apply for that.

Hey Shawn thank you for your patience and EIB application. Hope you had a wonderful holiday. Good to see another HWT applying for EIB. Also, great job on the assembly, pack build and weathering, but enough with my rambling let's get to it shall we. 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All submission photos are present and your armor displays all the elements required for Level 2 badge. Congratulations and welcome to Expert Infantry!!        :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we'll review observations made by us and your fellow troopers. Suggestions made here are to improve the overall look of your armor. If these suggestions would effect an application they will be mentioned in the above or below sections. We have a few minor areas to mention so lets take a look.

1) The lower ear screws should be "V" head slot screws. It looks like you may have added or replaced the originals with philips head type, maybe for reinforcement not sure. Though this not mentioned in the CRL we are requesting these be removed and/or replaced if you choose to apply for Centurion.

20161116_192732_zpszgal1avx-crop.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_13_296927-crop2.jpg

2) Chest above Ab, Ab riding low. The CRL states chest is to remain down over the ab plate. We also noticed on both left and right sides of the Ab are lower than the Kidney plate itself, which it should be aligned with at the upper edge. If you raise the Ab we believe it should solve the problem in all three areas. 

20161116_191152_zpstrnfnnpv-crop.jpg20161116_191311_zpsq9r2iimp-crop.jpg20161117_204858_zpscd3cv8us-crop2.jpg

Reference Images

gallery_14191_18_314894-crop.jpg1ef96f55-7993-4e49-99ec-475631c84636.jpgcool%20pic-crop2b_1.jpg

3) Right forearm cover strip extends past the upper armor return edge, it should be equal to or below.

20161116_191258_zpsqoibts80-crop6.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_59_74335.jpg

4) Waist ammo belt is a little low, it should reside at the bottom of the center plate button.

20161117_204711_zpsrm2doxpo-crop2.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_14191_18_314894-crop.jpg

5) Thigh ammo belt lower corners should be curved a bit more. Round off the corners as seen in the reference photo below.

20161116_191258_zpsqoibts80-crop5.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_11_1772721-crop4.jpg

6) Sniper knee should be aligned with the edge of the shin itself. A little trim and this should be good to go.

20161116_191205_zps2heqhjue-crop.jpg

Reference photo 

ef690858-8e69-468d-80e7-0f2371d67763.jpg

7) Color in or paint MP40 pouch stitching black and weather them similar to that of the armor. Shiny and new is awesome but it doesn't match very well. 

20161116_191311_zpsq9r2iimp-crop3.jpg20161116_191152_zpstrnfnnpv-crop3.jpg

Reference photos (no stitching visible)

pcsx22011-04-1210-48-47-93-crop.jpgpcsx22011-04-1210-50-09-68-crop.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

In this area we try to prepare you for the best possible chance of a clean Centurion pass. We have nothing to add here. 

Congratulation and hope to see you in Centurion application soon.   :duim:

Thank you very much.  

I will work on the remaining items and submit for Centurion within a couple of weeks.  It is definitely no easy task getting to Centurion.

Yes the requirements are a bit more stringent compared to EIB but then that's why its the elite level. We have thousands of Stormtroopers in the 501st yet currently we only have roughly 288+ at the Centurion level, and only 5 of those are HWT. Hope to see you at Centurion  :jc_doublethumbup:

Congratulations Shawn! Fist bump!! Get those easy fixes done and see you in the Centurion Section!

Thank you Randy.  

I am already working on the fixes so I can submit for Centurion.  I am sure that will be a brutal review.

• Like 1

WAY TO GO, Shawn!   :jc_doublethumbup:  You gotta look at this this way, at least you know the specific issues to deal with, which makes it easier.   I have every faith that you can get those changes done in no time, and look forward to your Centurion submission!