Gluing Elastic for Left Ab/ Kidney Plate Connection

TKSnake

I was redoing my ab/ kidney attachment to get ready for EIB & Centurion approval, and I was wondering: is there anything against fastening the split rivets without strapping, and just gluing a swath of elastic to both plates using E6000 to hold them together on the left side?

I'd really not like to redo the split rivets any time I might need to replace the linkage, but at the same time it's going to be semi-permanent and I don't need snap plates or Velcro either. In addition, the elastic could also help to protect my ribs and undersuit from the split rivets.

I'm getting my armor ready for a lot of end-of-month trooping and could really use expert advice.

I like to add some abs and rivets to the elastic, easy to change if your elastic stretches, which it can do over time, but nothing wrong with gluing elastic straight to the ABS if you wish

As Kalani and Glen have said, there are no requirements at all for how anything inside of the armor is assembled.

You can feel free to review build threads, or EIB/Centurion threads to see how others have built theirs for ideas that you might like.

• Like 1