Seeking advice for basic approval

Hey guys....

Im currently working on an SDS (Battle Spect) that  I got for my 40th birthday.

( I know the deal with SDS.. no need to beat a dead horse)

Anyway...Im only going for basic approval for the moment, I might go farther later but for now just basic is fine with me.

Ive fitted it the best I can and Im now seeking advice.

So any tips you guys can give on making it look better on my skinny body that would be awesome.

What will I need to do (if anything) for basic approval?

Thanks in advance

Mike

IMG_7359.jpg

IMG_7366.jpg

IMG_7371.jpg

IMG_7375.jpgIMG_7377.jpg

Hi Mike, take a look at my (almost complete) snagging list for SDS armour. After all this stuff, the armour is pretty much ready for level 2 :)<br><br>

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36274-sds-shepperton-design-studios-snagging-list-ukg-501st/?hl=snagging'>http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36274-sds-shepperton-design-studios-snagging-list-ukg-501st/?hl=snagging</a>

The armor is what it is, but it looks pretty well put together.  (although yes, cover strip assembly is preferred)

The one thing that jumps out is your right thigh looks lower than the left?  That may just be something to keep in mind while suiting up, else you might want to tweak your rigging to make sure they hit the same height.

Nothing jumps out at me that would prevent basic approval, however. :)

Edited by kman
  • Like 2

Mike do you have any pictures of your Helmet up close. As Kalani, suggested nothing really stands out and looks good. Cover strip and butt method is required for higher levels on your limb armour just keep in mind. The helmet is what I want to see if ANH-S is what you seek, and it may be the lighting and angle but it almost looks like an ESB paint job. Also you need one rank stripe per side on your ear bumps for L3. Also be wary of the kidney and backplate gap there should be little to no gap back there.

Edited by ComradeDave
  • Like 1

Hey Mike. You did a good job with this set of armor. While I don't see anything that should not allow you to gain basic approval it is obviously up to your GML. However, there are a couple of things that stand out to me. One is your forearms appear to be rotated back too much. When you hold your arms at the side you should see the coverstrip and not the inside of the forearm. It could just be the photos but I just wanted to point that out. The second thing for me is your thigh ammo pack. It should be connected in the upper corner of the ammo pack on both sides. I would suggest taking a look at some other build threads and maybe trimming it a little more if you can. Obviously don't do it if you can't reasonably get it off because I still don't think it should affect your approval. Good luck!

• Like 1

Mike do you have any pictures of your Helmet up close. As Kalani, suggested nothing really stands out and looks good. Cover strip and butt method is required for higher levels on your limb armour just keep in mind. The helmet is what I want to see if ANH-S is what you seek, and it may be the lighting and angle but it almost looks like an ESB paint job. Also you need one rank stripe per side on your ear bumps for L3. Also be wary of the kidney and backplate gap there should be little to no gap back there.

I think the rank marking on the ears was all I had to do to helmet for basic (A Sharpie is easiest). But I also painted the frown a bit better, too, and plan to remove the decals and paint instead.

(Some of the points in my snagging list link won't necessarily be required by your garrison btw)

• Like 3

Hey Mike. You did a good job with this set of armor. While I don't see anything that should not allow you to gain basic approval it is obviously up to your GML. However, there are a couple of things that stand out to me. One is your forearms appear to be rotated back too much. When you hold your arms at the side you should see the coverstrip and not the inside of the forearm. It could just be the photos but I just wanted to point that out. The second thing for me is your thigh ammo pack. It should be connected in the upper corner of the ammo pack on both sides. I would suggest taking a look at some other build threads and maybe trimming it a little more if you can. Obviously don't do it if you can't reasonably get it off because I still don't think it should affect your approval. Good luck!

I noticed the ammo pack on the knee is not attached right when I took the pictures.. I'm going to get that fixed cause it bugs me a lot.

I noticed the ammo pack on the knee is not attached right when I took the pictures.. I'm going to get that fixed cause it bugs me a lot.

You may also need to trim the ammo plate, so it has 90 degree angles at top corners and rounded at bottom corners.

• Like 1

I can take closer pictures today, I do need to add the stripe, The mouth could be painted better too.  The back plate gap is a concern too... Ill address that today and get it down to minimal gap.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...