LK - First time build - Anovos ANH Stunt

Well kiddos - here we go.  My name is Lance, and I'm in Austin, TX.  

9e2e84f2-aa30-4292-959c-d484518a15c9_zps

Been lurking a while and telling myself how cool it would be to be a TK and troop with the 501st.  Finally pushed "Place Order" a few months ago and finally got my BBB.  

20160816_180610_sm_zpsqmhms2jv.jpg20160816_180846_sm_zpsakzhjfdm.jpg20160816_181046_sm_zpsuuy2xdta.jpg

Ordered from Anovos and they said it would be here after the New Year so I figured I had some time to get more educated, get some stuff ready, and dive in when the box got here.  Well, they freaked me out and sent it within around a month.  So, I've been scrambling to get myself ready for the 'first cut'.  I've been pouring over build threads, tips, hints, pics, etc. and talking to a friend of mine here in Austin, TK 42113.  I think I'm ready to finally pull the trigger.  I'll be posting pics here as I progress.

Any and all comments, input, suggestions, etc. are welcome!

- Lance

While I was waiting though, I got my hands on a Rubies E11 to just start playing around and work on some plastic / building skills.  I read up on some mods and options, and ended up with a pretty reasonable first try.  

- drilled out holes

- added internal PVC barrel

- ground out scope rails

- drilled out strap holes (front and back)

- puttied seams and filled screw holes

- added clay inside handle, back, and barrel to add some weight

- did a bit of weathering (not great, but hey...)

Pics aren't great, but there you go.

- Lance

5e9e47f0-cca4-4463-9c15-fcdf3e3dbe6b_zps20160903_144339_zpswg8xgp8t.jpg

Congrats on getting your kit so soon! Take it as a good surprise for sure as Anovos has been all over the map with shipping dates. <br>

First cut is always the scariest. The Anovos trim lines are very visible so that should help but also reference the movie screenshots. They will help clarify how close to trim or not. Good luck!<br>

The blaster looks good. Looking forward to seeing your build as it progresses. Ask as many questions as needed and take your time!<br>

Good you have a friend locally to help, TK-42113. Tell him TK-42114 says hello!

Hi Lance,

Welcome to the club! Certainly a bit faster than most of us got our kits!

Make sure you have a read through some build threads. ukswrath's thread is popular, I also liked Kman's and I feel mine covers a few bits many others haven't touched on.

My biggest advice is to take it slow and ask questions and know when to stop for the day.  This isn't a race and rushing or working tired or angry just leads to mistakes.

Chris.