Magma Trooper from Star Wars Battlefront

Hi everyone! I'm new here and I am looking to join the 501st garrison in my area (Great Lakes Garrison). I know that the backbone of the 501st is the classic stormtrooper but I was wondering if a Magma Trooper from the video game Star Wars: Battlefront would be an acceptable costume also. If so, I would like to join the 501st as one. It would be my very first costume and the one that I would be entering into the Legion as. It looks like it would just be a basic trooper costume with modifications done to helmet, shin guards, and back armor plate for the respirator pack. I would like to know if anyone is currently working on building this costume or would have any tips for a newcomer looking to build it.

Thanks, Travis

(See reference pictures below.)

post-29473-0-78456400-1470608811_thumb.jpg post-29473-0-52575600-1470608810_thumb.jpg

post-29473-0-66991800-1470608812_thumb.jpg post-29473-0-66328000-1470608898_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome Travis! I've been waiting to see someone do this.  :duim:

So the base armor is RotJ style, with a few modifications of course. And yes, this armor should be acceptable in the 501st. We have the shock trooper from the game in the works. Very possibly you could be the first in the legion!

There is currently no CRL for this costume, but it would be wise to look over the ROTJ requirements and follow the Battlefront Shock Trooper discussion. I'm interested to see how you approach your building of the backpack and helmet respirator. I believe I've seen one who built a respectable-looking respirator, but the base armor wasn't up to ROTJ standards. I wish I knew who that was so I could get you in contact with him/her.

Good luck  :smiley-sw013:

Edited by SolidScrafty

I like it! It's a fresh costume variant that deserves exploration. The respirator attachment will be challenging for several reasons but I'm all for the variant. Go for it!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Im not going to be building this costume but it peaked my interests. I started with a respirator. Still needs a little work but I will be doing resin copies if you are interested. 

Here is a photo of my frist copy from last night.

20170107_175244.jpg