Overheating in Armour

TK-0899

I have had my first full fitting today of my ANH stunt armour and wore it for about 15 mins but after that i became quite dizzy and took the suit off. I think i began to overheat. I plan to do my first troop next week and am wondering if anyone else had this the first time or know how to combat this. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Yes. It's called lack of fresh air and too much carbon dioxide. Combine that with body heat and you have a recipe for disaster.

1) My first suggestion is to insure you are hydrated enough. On hot days, the day before load yourself up with water and electrolytes.

2) Take plenty of breaks and if you have a handler make sure they're doing their job. A lot of times you won't know your in trouble until it's too late. It's their job to gut check you every so often and carry water or similar. 

3) If you don't have them already, get helmet fans. Either make a kit yourself, or there's a couple of us selling kits. Placing them at the base of your helmet will help to draw in fresh air.

4) Other suggestions are cooling devices to help keep cool. Head, neck and chest cooling material or devices.

Hope this helps 

• Like 4

Cannot overstate how important fans are to your trooping survival. Running 2 bucket fans in outdoor troops here in Texas is essential. Also, pack extra batteries in your bin, just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adopting the fans to a USB battery is worth the time investigating and doing, and not hard to do. Or buying them ready for USB. You can get hours of use. You can get Anker USB batteries on amazon, and 2 day delivery with prime.

I'm in Texas too, the first thing I did was put 3 fans, yes 3, in just to make sure.

Plenty of water, plenty of breaks, and remember that it's better to be on a cooling break then passing out in public.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Edited by Strength

I have had my first full fitting today of my ANH stunt armour and wore it for about 15 mins but after that i became quite dizzy and took the suit off. I think i began to overheat. I plan to do my first troop next week and am wondering if anyone else had this the first time or know how to combat this. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Glue fumes. Did the lenses in the eyes fog? Or just dizziness?

Hydration, and helmet fans make a HUGE difference. Order in some fans and install them in your bucket; you'll notice a big change in climate In there.

I personally get hot quickly, so I made & installed fans in my chest and back plates too. This was a game changer for me. No more sweaty under suit. Comfortable for as long as my batteries will take me. :duim:

• Like 2

Hydration, and helmet fans make a HUGE difference. Order in some fans and install them in your bucket; you'll notice a big change in climate In there.

I personally get hot quickly, so I made & installed fans in my chest and back plates too. This was a game changer for me. No more sweaty under suit. Comfortable for as long as my batteries will take me. :duim:

Pictures and details?

I went to my local electronics supply store and got some advice on what to pick and how to wire stuff up. A paper diagram and some supplies (5v fans, wires, battery packs, switches, and heat shrink tubing) were all I needed. I already had a soldering gun. I made some bases for mounting out of extra ABS and some misc. nuts and bolts, and rubber washers. It's all held in with Velcro to make it all removable if I need to.

Pics are in this thread...http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34886-fans-for-tk-helmet/

• Like 2