Good Luck...

• Like 1

Nice Job Trooper.

the only critique i can give you is:

1. try to tighten up your shoulder bells closer to your traps

2. change the TD screws to the correct type

3. inside and edge of mic tips should be white

Good Luck...

Thanks. Shoulder bells will be difficult. I got the wrong kit.. But did the best I could. RT was for me... Next time. ;-)

Screws.. Hmm what are the right type called for the TD?

And Mic Tips. Cool. I can do that easily. Thanks for the info. :)

Edited by Razgriz

Thanks. Shoulder bells will be difficult. I got the wrong kit.. But did the best I could. RT was for me... Next time. ;-)

Screws.. Hmm what are the right type called for the TD?

And Mic Tips. Cool. I can do that easily. Thanks for the info. :)

Hi Preston

Screws for Thermal det are a slotted head, the type that require a normal flat blade screw driver to tighten.

The top shoulder bell straps could be shortened up so the top of the bell almost touches the plastic shoulder bridge.

Tony and I are running a bit behind so have a go at adjusting those straps. Dont need to worry about the screws for the Thermal det, as they are not a CRL requirement, only an accuracy thing that we suggest.

Could you also add a photo of the rear of your blaster showing the D ring.

Lastly, the cover strip on your thigh is to long. It should finish at the top of that bottom ridge and no go over and on to it.

Thank you,

• Like 1

Hi Preston

Screws for Thermal det are a slotted head, the type that require a normal flat blade screw driver to tighten.

The top shoulder bell straps could be shortened up so the top of the bell almost touches the plastic shoulder bridge.

Tony and I are running a bit behind so have a go at adjusting those straps. Dont need to worry about the screws for the Thermal det, as they are not a CRL requirement, only an accuracy thing that we suggest.

Could you also add a photo of the rear of your blaster showing the D ring.

Lastly, the cover strip on your thigh is to long. It should finish at the top of that bottom ridge and no go over and on to it.

Thank you,

I think I understand the Thigh issue. Can you help me with the correct way on doing this so I can fix the issue? A reference photo? I will get you a pic of my D ring soon as well. I  just want to take care of the thigh issue before going about the D ring and minimize my posting. 

Thanks Sly. No Problem on being backed up.. I understand :) 

I am away for work at the moment but as soon as I have the opportunity I will post up some photos to show what I mean with regards to the cover strip. :)

• Like 1

Here is my D Ring. Hopefully this is what you you looking for. ;-)

baf415d2c4faa9aaab788f8e52258501.jpg

I would like to fix my cover strip as well. But I'll be patient until I get a reference photo from the man himself.

Hi Preston

I am having issues accessing your posted photos to edit them and highlight areas for adjustment or modification, so for the cover strip example I am going to use another image of sombody elses armour with the same issue Please reference your action shot to see the extent of the thigh cover strip,

As you can see from this screen used thigh the front cover strip stops at the ridge and doesn't pass over it.

gallery_12157_15_34529.jpg

So you need to carefully trim yours shorter at the bottom. This is not an EIB requirement but for Centurion it should be correct.

Depending on how yours are glued down, if it is E6000, you can pull the stips off at the bottm and cut them shorter, then glue back down.

Hi Preston

I am having issues accessing your posted photos to edit them and highlight areas for adjustment or modification, so for the cover strip example I am going to use another image of sombody elses armour with the same issue Please reference your action shot to see the extent of the thigh cover strip,

As you can see from this screen used thigh the front cover strip stops at the ridge and doesn't pass over it.

So you need to carefully trim yours shorter at the bottom. This is not an EIB requirement but for Centurion it should be correct.

Depending on how yours are glued down, if it is E6000, you can pull the stips off at the bottm and cut them shorter, then glue back down.

Perfect. Thanks for this. I understand completely. Thank You.

Any suggestions or changes needed for my EIB? :)

Preston,

Good luck on your application, i feel your pain about the gaps around the chest and back.. I have already changed out the chest, back and shoulders for RTMOD..

Chris

Thanks. How different is the shade of white between RT and AP? did you get new bells??

Its a little off,  I needed chest, back and bells, 49.5 inch chest AP was a tad too small..  i did post some comparisons in hard armor

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37762-ap-vs-rt-chest-shoulders-comparison/

Last picture of the shoulder bells you can see the difference in shade of white as my AP chest and back were still weathered at this point.. 

Edited by TD42115
  • Like 1

Hi Preston, welcome to your EI review, with out further delay, lets take a look!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All submission photos are present. Your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. UK and myself would like to congratulate you and welcome you the EI rank.     :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we take into consideration suggestions from your fellow troopers as well as our own observation with regard to the overall look and fit of your armour. If any of our findings would effect this or a future application they are noted in the above and below section of the review.

Man you did good, this is a clean build with only a few things that need addressing, to get you looking perfect. For the most of it these are not CRL requirements only accuracy suggestions so you look the best you can.

I will note here, for some reason I have been unable to copy your images and modify them to add the arrows and circles we normally put over photos to highlight areas to fix.

things higlighted in your thread.

Thermal Det srews

I am not certain of the name of the typr of screw you have used below, but the correct type are called Slotted head screws, they require a flat head screw driver to tighten.

trooper-30.jpg

Reference image of Thermal Det

gallery_12157_51_33329.jpg

Secondly we have the shoulder bridge gap between the top of the Bell and the plastic shoulder bridge. This should be close to touching, and even though you may not get them that close, we think you can still get them a little further in or at least even them up so the gaps are the same.

trooper-1.jpg

Reference image

gallery_12157_11_687771.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

As much as we try to identify everything that might effect a Centurion approval, some things don't present themselves clearly until we see the more detailed shots that get submitted in that review.

The only factor we see here is the cover strip on your thigh. It needs to be trimmed to the ridge and not actually glued over it. We know you are working on this fix already, so that's great.

trooper-9.jpg

Reference image of cover strip and where it should finish at the bottom.

Great job with this AP build brother and a well deserved EI award

Make your corrections, follow the level 3 CRL and the photo check list and we hopefully see you at Centurion review in the near future.

Congratulations once again . :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks Sly,

It is an honor to be part of the EIB ranks. I am working on the thigh fix as you said. It takes a little time, but if you noticed in my build thread, I will be using a similar method I used when I shimmed my thighs.

Next stop. LEVEL 3! Hopefully see you soon. In the meantime, I have to get ready for a troop for the Philadelphia Phillies Star Wars night tomorrow! :D

Edited by Razgriz
  • Like 1