HWT Pack Build Thread

Looks GREAT, Shawn.. congrats on a job well done!  If I could make one small suggestion, it would be to shorten the length of the  blue plastic cone at the bottom by about 3 inches or so.  The reason being is that you would be surprised how many times this part will get bumped, accidentally knocked around, and can crack.  The shorter length will help.  Trust me.  

Looks GREAT, Shawn.. congrats on a job well done! If I could make one small suggestion, it would be to shorten the length of the blue plastic cone at the bottom by about 3 inches or so. The reason being is that you would be surprised how many times this part will get bumped, accidentally knocked around, and can crack. The shorter length will help. Trust me.

Thanks. I will do that. Still having issues with the cup and cone staying adhered to the base.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

8/25/2016

Got my ammo pouches in 2 days ago.  Ordered 4 since I could only order them in pairs.  Had to get them from China.  Price was pretty good, though.

20160823_212749_zpsfqgmclia.jpg

After researching many options and some trial and error, I decided to use snaps in order to hold the ammo pouch onto the paldron.  I think it worked out pretty good.  This way I can remove when needed.

20160825_071651_zpsexrztudp.jpg

20160825_071655_zpskicmnjql.jpg

Finished product looks like this.  

20160825_071707_zpssdpvldoe.jpg

Here is the back.

20160825_071716_zpsgwmcxxjt.jpg

Next it was on to the pouch that I will be attaching to the belt.  At this time, I am only making one.  I do not want to remove my holster from the left side at this time, since I still neet to get EIB / Centurion on my TK ANH Stunt.  Most likely I will build a separate belt.

In order to wear on my right side I cut a piece of 3/4" black strapping and used rivets to attach it to the ammou pouch.  Created a loop of sorts for the belt to go through.  Worked out pretty well.  See below:

20160825_152122_zpsont9zu96.jpg

20160825_152131_zpsbfujw3jz.jpg

20160825_152504_zpsgfoxwhmu.jpg

20160825_152511_zpsqc5iloau.jpg

Still need to stuff the pouches to give them the full like, like I did for the pauldron one.  I will be testing this out along with my pack tomorrow to see how it holds together.  Made some finishing touches to my pack, per some comments and will post them later.

• Like 1

Does it matter which way it faces? If so, i will have to find another way to attach it. According to the CRL it just has to be on the left shoulder. But in the picture it does show it facing right.

No problem. I think we have the same pouches. I attached mine on the edge of the pauldron as low as I could with two pop rivets. One under pouch flap and one on inside of same pocket down inside. I used a pc. Of abs in pocket to reinforce rivet.

That is exactly what I ended up doing, Shawn.  I added a loop of nylon, attached 2 snaps to it, and it has worked out great.  BUT...be sure to use 2 snaps.  I started with one, and it fell off 3 times on my first troop with it.

20151102_070303_resized_zpsx0mkepeg.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Below is a photo of me trying everything out.  It is not very clear, however everything went well.  My DLT-19 will be ready next week.  After that I will be submitting for approval.

HWT%20Preliminary%20Pictures_zpspwlddaac

• Like 1

Thanks.  I am using a silver metallic washable paint.  I can get it off pretty easy and back on.  I like the way it looks.  Plus if I need to be shiny for something, it will be easy to do.

Ok.  Today I submitted to my GML for HWT Approval.  I changed my battle damage to a black paint, in lieu of the silver metallic.  I think it looks better.  My DLT-19 was lost in the mail, so I used my E-11 Elite Hyperfirm Blaster for the pictures.  Once I get the DLT-19 I will take new photos.  You will notice that I have the ammo boxes and holster on in the pictures.  I will be switching them out with another belt that has the 2 ammo pouches in lieu of the ammo boxes and holster, once my fabric arrives.  However, for level 1, it is acceptable to have the ammo boxes, per the CRL.  

Thank you for everyone's input over the last couple of months.  It has been very helpful.

I also added battle damage to my HWT pack.

Hopefully everything goes well, cannot wait to join the HWT ranks.

Below are some of the pictures.

Ignore the snaps you can see between the top of my thigh armor and the bottom of my ab armor.  I forgot to snap them together.  Usually, my thigh armor sits higher on my legs when I actually remember to snap them together.  Since I did not notice this until after I took off all of my armor, I decided not to retake the pictures.  I will wait until I have my DLT-19 and my other ammo belt.

20160924_120616_zpszyw3riac.jpg

20160924_120606_zps0fogks11.jpg

20160924_120600_zpswoydfqmf.jpg

20160924_120544_zpsmxkxwcpd.jpg

20160924_120533_zps6pmzzahi.jpg

20160924_120525_zpsqx4jp1yp.jpg

20160924_120501_zpso5mp3qyo.jpg

20160924_120456_zpsjvpt7sve.jpg

20160924_120449_zps8c4wd7rb.jpg

20160924_120339_zps7rdiknw4.jpg

20160924_120330_zps5cz22udt.jpg

20160924_103601_zpsmrbn0lhc.jpg

20160923_210016_zpsttswalm0.jpg

Edited by CrookKnight
  • Like 1

Looks GREAT, Shawn, and SO glad to see that you added the battle damage to the pack as well!  Also glad to hear that you are ordering a new canvas belt..  it can (and will) get really "dirty", really quickly.

• Like 1

Great looking HWT all around Shawn! Hope you get your DLT soon!

Thanks. Appreciate all of the advice. Definitely looking forward to when my DLT 19 comes in.

• Like 1