ANH Stunt build MTK

With the elastic and hooks sewn I glued them inside the shins.ced42f8c985354ac5bebae8d5ce7cf74.jpgdbe719959144d953e76be17de5a389e2.jpg

Also, gluing knee plate to shinc15e61610d0e8330959b92e114e02fb6.jpg

Once the e6000 has set I'm going to try to glue those edges down.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So I thinking about starting the abdominal piece and I think I may have left a bit too much on the sides.

150194fcf92899b78a913f336ef931a3.jpg

I'm guessing I should trim to the end of ridge separating ab and cod?

Being one of the lucky ones, I don't need as much meat on the sides of my ab. I have noticed many trim up to the ridge, like this...0964f70b585e43dea6b97c82bda02d53.jpg

That cut could work for me but I'm kind of hesitant. Also, for me, thighs are a bit tricky to fit. Any pointers on how to do this on your lonesome?

da68fd3b0a34f26fc2d8b19e5f0adfe0.jpg

So I committed to the cut after multiple fittings. Installed the brackets, male snaps for the outside, cod to posterior and now moving on to ab/kidney strapping.

0631bc0885217e9010aa7a635faa3af4.jpg

Since the butt, kidney and abs were done I decided to put the strapping together. Then I glued the back to chest elastic

3315298fadf65667525c7842641b315d.jpg

Moving along I glued in the thigh support elastic straps and they're held in place with CLAMPS!2f3115d0f2d7cd092cc99e9b3801fbc9.jpg

I thought it would be best to go back through all the parts and clean up the rough edges and excess glue once everything was done. Probably not the best way to go about this but with the pressure of my lack of free time, I am kinda just putting things together and hoping I will be able to get around to cleaning things up. This build thread has become more of a "look at what I am doing" thread more than anything else. In 6 months I will have an ATA kit and should be able to do a proper build thread.

Edited by DeceptiSean

80671d4b01808a194dd6bc52e60cd41d.jpg

Forgot to post a picture of the thigh pack riveted on.

98bfb1eee45892dc0a90e19da66478be.jpg

Put the strapping on the shoulder bells.

d4f0c1b62f1ebfbb5b579406bf9c3fd2.jpg

And put the torso together. I still need to paint the rivets white, sew in the female snaps in the shoulder straps, glue in the bicep to forearm straps and make the lil hook thingys for the biceps.

602912d74e22abd974f9299e8b483b09.jpg

Test fit. Need to finish painting bracket screw heads, thigh garter, bicep hooks and helmet. ATA helmet stand in was used hence different colors.

I didn't want to alter/mod the armor too much but I may have to trim the backs of the knees. I am unable to bend my knees much. I know it's still screen accurate to have the U shaped trims, I was just hoping to avoid it.

Looks like your shins could come down a little on the boots, also looks as if your ab/cod is sitting low, if you could bring this up it would allow your thighs to come up a little more too.

I don't have a lot of bend in my knees but doesn't really bother me ;)

Looks like your shins could come down a little on the boots, also looks as if your ab/cod is sitting low, if you could bring this up it would allow your thighs to come up a little more too.

I don't have a lot of bend in my knees but doesn't really bother me ;)

Thanks! I tried pushing the shins down as far as they would go. I have seen people use a strap that goes under their heel and/or velcro, I might try one of those. For the ab/cod, are you suggesting that I bring it up higher under the chest? Do you think shorter elastic loops in the brackets would help?

Geez Sean you certainly slapped this together really fast! You did a great job on this MTK. I noticed you didn't put any shoulder elastics on and didn't make any hooks for inside you biceps. If you did that would keep your biceps in a better position. Also I loaded up my boots and inside of the bottom of my shins with industrial strength Velcro and it's worked wonders. Maybe that will help keep your shins down more so you can bend your knees better.

Geez Sean you certainly slapped this together really fast! You did a great job on this MTK. I noticed you didn't put any shoulder elastics on and didn't make any hooks for inside you biceps. If you did that would keep your biceps in a better position. Also I loaded up my boots and inside of the bottom of my shins with industrial strength Velcro and it's worked wonders. Maybe that will help keep your shins down more so you can bend your knees better.

The shoulder elastics are there just not the hooks. I kinda melted them on the first attempt. I also still have to make a belt. I have all the things needed to make the belt, just short on time. Short on cash too but I've been working overtime, so I should be able to afford the holster and blaster in a couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update on this build. My daughter picked up a nasty cold from daycare and I've been working a lot of overtime so not much has been done since my test fit. The AC unit in my house went out so while the kids were at daycare and I was waiting on repair guys to show up, I was able to put together most of my belt. I made the canvas part myself and that was quite a pain. Hope I can do more soon. Still need a holster and blaster.

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to a GML and he made some suggestions, so I made a few adjustments and attached my holster.c722a44fd77470ab12cdc4994e8ef01d.jpg

320d937f2ba5e8a6774adb14a8967771.jpg

Almost all the soft parts are from trooperbay with the exception of the bracket system.

Nice work, I would suggest either some foam behind your shin to push out the sniper plate or some foam in behind the thigh to hold it back from the sniper plate, you will find it could catch the way it is.

Good luck on approval

• 4 weeks later...