CRL and drop boxes

joshsurf

Hey was wondering bout this..<br>

It is allowable to have drop boxes for the 501st requirements. If the drop boxes are used, they dangle from the sides of the front plastic belt (ammo belt) via white straps and are aligned under the plastic tabs of the ammo belt. <br>

This is a basic approval from the CRL. Now the question is does anyone have this drop boxes on with the HWT and if so how does the hip mounted mp40 pouches fit?

Hey was wondering bout this..<br>

It is allowable to have drop boxes for the 501st requirements. If the drop boxes are used, they dangle from the sides of the front plastic belt (ammo belt) via white straps and are aligned under the plastic tabs of the ammo belt. <br>

This is a basic approval from the CRL. Now the question is does anyone have this drop boxes on with the HWT and if so how does the hip mounted mp40 pouches fit?

Drop boxes no sorry. MP40 pouches can be fastened a few ways. I encourage you to find some HWT builds in the HWT section and follow someone else's lead.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Here are some pics of how I did it, Josh.  The first shows the thigh ammo pack.  I took a scrap of 1 inch wide aluminum, bent it in half, and epoxied the bottom to the ammo pack, underneath the straps.  The part covered in white duct tape (to prevent it scratching my armor) simply slides over my canvas belt.

For the shoulder ammo pack, I added 2 snaps on a black nylon loop (be sure to use 2 snaps, trust me), and attached that to the shoulder strap.  Both work like a charm, with no problems.

55966206-10ab-4de3-831a-7a96e031a31c_zpsqhamgvcm.thumb.jpg.820bad0056b950846b88dbd600c8c534.jpg

20151102_070303_resized_zpsx0mkepeg.thumb.jpg.163890c9c2725662f4c47f01636347da.jpg

20151102_070445_resized_zpshlgdhsbr.thumb.jpg.7e2bf97d4bb4b877f1fcbe9adfe4033e.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 3

but wait?? im so confused.... heres the crl

=========

so the black is basic approval? or do i  have to go for level2 certification?

or is this a new update?

also is this approvable do you think? it doesnt look as accurate as it could be but i am working on a tight budget and if this will get me basic approval then i can upgrade later with a better one i would be happy enough.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 5/13/2016 at 3:27 PM, joshsurf said:

but wait?? im so confused.... heres the crl

so the black is basic approval? or do i  have to go for level2 certification?

or is this a new update?

also is this approvable do you think? it doesnt look as accurate as it could be but i am working on a tight budget and if this will get me basic approval then i can upgrade later with a better one i would be happy enough.

-----------

At the moment is ok to have drop boxes at basic, L2 and L3 no drop boxes.

Regarding the pauldron the Ebay version is not recommended as it's not very padded, or fluffy as the CRL states. Trooperbay and others make more accurate versions. -----------

Pauldron

For 501st approval:

• A black, orange, or white neck ornament made of leather or a leather-like material, worn over the right shoulder. 

For level two certification (if applicable):

• Pauldron is of the padded "puffy" variety.
  • Older style flat and off color pauldrons are incorrect.

For level three certification (if applicable):

• Pauldron color is orange.
  •  
Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

Stay away from that pauldron for sure. If you must go to ebay, THIS one is the one to get

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Best pauldron on the market is from trooper1 over at MEPD. I have one and it is amazing quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely the best!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk