Glue Type

For ABS plastic I use E6000, takes 24hrs to fully dry but you can separate if you make a mistake or resize, also cleans up by rubbing off.

• Like 1

My kit was supplied with Weld-On 771 ABS cement. http://weldon.com/solvent-cements/abs-cements/771-abs/       it is available from amazon also. It behaves just like ABS cement does though making a mostly permanent bond very quickly. It is not forgiving at all like E6000 is. So far most of the joints have held up very well.

Typically - especially for new or first time builders - I recommend E6000, for the reasons described above. Definitely not a strange question. :)

Not strange at all.  Always best to ask the question than not ask it when you are not sure.  My RS kit came with glue, and I was advised to throw it out.  (For some strange reason, I haven't.  Sentimental reasons, I suppose.)  We tried the E-6000, but quickly discovered you actually need patience to allow it to dry.  And, my spouse is not a patient man.  So, we ended up going with the CA-Glue.  This is very fast setting glue, and even faster if you add the Zip-Kicker.  An excellent choice for those who are impatient.  A very poor choice if you might mistakes.

• Like 3