Helmet electronics and external power supply Gen 4. UKSWRATH

I got around to cracking open that jumper cable brick and there's almost no cable on the black lead before touching the board. On top of that, the solder was so thick and my iron couldn't cut through it. I will have to order different cables that Antigravity sells. 

Well I put in a request to him to purchase a ton of blanks so I offer them as a option to my other fan sales and design them to be used with smaller battery pack or the larger ones and the harness used in this thread. Though they won't be customized it's at least another option for others who like the choice of a different battery source.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Well I have been on his list since February but who knows how many there are in front of me. If you manage to get some in, I definitely want one for our setup. I'm begging the wife to let me buy a Glowforge laser engraver this Summer. Figured I can start selling box tags and some others that tend to take a long time if you order elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Well I have been on his list since February but who knows how many there are in front of me. If you manage to get some in, I definitely want one for our setup. I'm begging the wife to let me buy a Glowforge laser engraver this Summer. Figured I can start selling box tags and some others that tend to take a long time if you order elsewhere. 

Yea I contacted him around the first of the year looking to get these in black, which he doesn't make. After many plastic mfg contacts I've concluded this particular material is only manufactured in clear, which again leaves me buying them from Echo. I have no problem doing so, he's got a good thing going I just wish it was more consistent. As you mentioned Jason a laser cutter would be nice to have and make my own, but it is what it is at the moment.  

Hi Tony, 

I just finished following the schematics for the 5v/12v outputs on the Mini Antigravity.......I voltage tested the 5v output @ 3 points and I get fluctuating voltage for a second it gives me 5v then it drops down to approx 3, to apporx 1.5 then back up to approx 5v.  One of the points tested is straight out of the usb port.  Tested on fan and nothing happens.

My 12v output test doesnt fluctuate is stays pretty steady at around 12v-12.35v.....That seems to bee good.  Haven't tested it with the the Amp 2 yet.   Want to get the fans going first.

Any suggestions of what it could be going on with the 5v output?

fe3628a048813e215526d76512d2b7cd.jpg

I tested continuity by sticking one probe into one of the slots above the usb (like your picture above) and the other probe to the end connector just before the fan. Both +/- sides tested good continuity and no resistance. Same type of fluctuating voltage readings at that end. (Spinning Head, lol)

Albert Sanchez

F1SD: virimpact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by virimpact

I would unselfishly pay good money for two of these. The harnesses. My eyes and manual dexterity are going from meds and even though I have the skill...man I wish I lived nearby for an electronics build day.

Hi Tony, 

I just finished following the schematics for the 5v/12v outputs on the Mini Antigravity.......I voltage tested the 5v output @ 3 points and I get fluctuating voltage for a second it gives me 5v then it drops down to approx 3, to apporx 1.5 then back up to approx 5v.  One of the points tested is straight out of the usb port.  Tested on fan and nothing happens.

My 12v output test doesnt fluctuate is stays pretty steady at around 12v-12.35v.....That seems to bee good.  Haven't tested it with the the Amp 2 yet.   Want to get the fans going first.

Any suggestions of what it could be going on with the 5v output?

I don't know what to tell you about the voltage issue, once a load is on it I don't have any issues.

I tested continuity by sticking one probe into one of the slots above the usb (like your picture above) and the other probe to the end connector just before the fan. Both +/- sides tested good continuity and no resistance. Same type of fluctuating voltage readings at that end. (Spinning Head, lol)

Albert Sanchez

To tell you the truth I don't like the wiring circuit with these USB connectors, the USB standard color code isn't being followed here. I had to check this a few times to make sure I wasn't reading it incorrectly. Typical USP should be Red + Black - with green/white data, but not with this connector. If I can find a different right angle with the correct voltage to color schematic then I may switch. Bottom line, check voltage output with a meter. 

Albert Sanchez

Do the fans oscillate with the voltage?  

Do the fans oscillate with the voltage?

No activity what so ever on the fans. I too was surprised on using white/red for voltage on the USB. So I double checked & sure enough they seem to be the correct pair. Always thought also Red/Black. Going to continue trouble shooting. Thanks again Tony!!!

No activity what so ever on the fans. I too was surprised on using white/red for voltage on the USB. So I double checked & sure enough they seem to be the correct pair. Always thought also Red/Black. Going to continue trouble shooting. Thanks again Tony!!!

Roger

Looks like my Brown (rj45 female) was the positive voltage & Blue (rj45 female) was my negative....opposite of the schematic. It was driving me crazy but figured it out!!!  All voltage outputs good.....will continue tomorrow on the Amp 2 & Hearing Aid regulator mods!! So proud of myself, 1st time putting together something like this and thanks to your tutorials I was able to make this happen!!!!  Thank you!!!!