TK-11916 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (Anovos) [567]

Name: Darren Mullen

501st TK ID: 11916

FISD forum name: Darren TK-11916

Garrison: 70th Explorers

501st Legion Profile: http://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=20951

Armor Maker: Anovos

Helmet Maker: Anovos

E-11 Blaster: HFx Elite

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 200 pounds

Boots: TK boots

Canvas belt: Kittell

Hand Plates: Trooperbay

Electronics:  iComm w/ Aker Amp,  UKSWrath fans, UKSWrath SHA system ordered

Neck Seal: Anovos

Holster: Anovos

PHOTOS

FULL BODY:

DSC_7057_zpslzfgnur9.jpg

DSC_7060_zpspsvuuezm.jpg

DSC_7044_zpspqdkvni9.jpg

DSC_7045_zpswdojm940.jpg

DSC_7046_zps8intvkbo.jpg

DSC_7044_closeup_zps2id1wluh.jpg

DSC_7046_closeup_zpsausm1g2u.jpg

ACTION SHOTS:

DSC_7068_zpsqg3twde9.jpg

DSC_7065_zpsljnznyq5.jpg

DSC_7067_zpsd8j2doiq.jpg

ARMOR DETAILS:

DSC_6988_zpsu1b9salc.jpg

DSC_6990_zpsacjukpyp.jpg

DSC_6993_zpsqqa5kgya.jpg

DSC_6996_zpskanccf39.jpg

DSC_6997_zpsxzxzp62d.jpg

DSC_6994_zpsqgjcq7zr.jpg

DSC_6995_zpszqtbyfbl.jpg

DSC_7003_zps5j01jem5.jpg

DSC_7002_zpseqwy3dxs.jpg

DSC_6984_zpsbriciepw.jpg

DSC_6985_zpstnq1ml29.jpg

DSC_6986_zpszrqlrnou.jpg

HELMET DETAILS:

DSC_7004_zpszfibhszq.jpg

DSC_7005_zpso6mvkmb5.jpg

DSC_7006_zps4hmwijsm.jpg

DSC_7007_zpss2ezciui.jpg

DSC_6759_1_closeup-7004_zpsbbhldgjf.jpg

DSC_7015_zpsansj3efj.jpg

DSC_7014_zpsoymhwvjv.jpg

ACCESSORY DETAILS: 

DSC_7041_zpsrpgiuwue.jpg

DSC_7072_zpsay7cfmzq.jpg

DSC_6981_zpsuxttra4q.jpg

DSC_6982_zpshjco32vd.jpg

DSC_6979_zpsezmuaflh.jpg

DSC_6980_zpsxczdeqpi.jpg

BLASTER DETAILS:

DSC_7018_zpsizpo1wap.jpg

DSC_7023_zpstpkwwk83.jpg

DSC_7024_zpsce5easbr.jpg

Thank you for your consideration.

Respectfully submitted

Darren Mullen

Wichita Kansas

Edited by Darren TK-11916

Looking good trooper!

Just a few things I noticed, nothing big. Looks like your eyes could use a little more trimming. The cod rivet and butt snaps shouldn't be painted white. Those are easy fixes.

You got this in the bag!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sounds good allan1313!  Thank you.  That paint comes off easily enough.  No  problem there.  Guess I thought if a little while paint here and there was good, more everywhere would be even better.  :)

And the eyes, I've been back and forth myself with those.  My thought process being, less is more, and it's better to take off too little rather than too much.

Thanks for your feedback and your advice!

Looks great, man! :) 

The only suggestion I have, and I think it's merely a preference of mine.. is the length of the frown. I'd finish the too you stopped on & go past it to where the frown mold ends. 

Looking good though, man! ^_^

I hear what you're saying and I see your point. I've waffled back and forth on that. I used starwarshelmets.com and the ANH helmet examples as a reference, and I saw that nearly every frown was slightly different from bucket to bucket. So then I just went with personal preference and stopped when I liked how it looked. If the reviewers suggest I paint a little I will.<br><br>

Thanks for your thoughts!

• Like 1

Hi Darren, my apologies it is taking a little longer than normal to get through the applications, but we have been a little swamped with them of late.

I am going to give you the opportunity to change a couple of little things in your application while we catch up.

1. Could you please remove the white paint from the cod rivet and butt snaps.

2. Have a look at the photo of your front and back. Try and close up the gap between your Chest plate and shoulder bells, also in the back photo your looking a bit lop sided. Try and close up the gap appearing on the left side between back and kidney plate as you look at the photo. (perhaps its only the way you were standing, but maybe the strap on that side could be shortened).

Have those photos retaken and post them up.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Sly11, I made the alterations and adjustments as you suggested.  The photos of those corrections are below:

Cod and Butt plate connection hardware paint removed:

DSC_7070_zpsrqf9y7p0.jpg

Shoulder bell to chest plate and shoulder bridge gap narrowed:

DSC_7075_zpspj3ejdif.jpg

Back plate to kidney plate uneven gap corrected:

DSC_7080_zpss2ag98mq.jpg

Thank you for your suggestions and allowing me the opportunity to make the needed corrections.

Darren Mullen

• Like 1

Hey Darren, here we are at last. Thank you for your application, lets take a look.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been posted and your armor contains all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry!! Congratulations and Welcome to EIB!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:In this section I will touch on suggestions and observations made by both  ukswrath,myself and your fellow troopers. These are suggestions to improve the final look of your armor and do not affect any application unless specifically stated.

Thank you for making those couple of changes with your application, looking sharp my friend, we think the armour fits you well.

Maybe see if you can shorten the outer Butt plat straps to try and reign them in a little it will stop them popping out.

Sometimes replacing the elastic with nylon webbing or even using wider straps will help to alleviate this. I think the back and Kidney plate may be sitting 3/4" too high, so if you lengthen the shoulder straps to drop the back plate down the butt plate will also come down and also aid in fixing the butt plate ends popping out. THis will also be mentioned in the Centurion mod section below.

Other suggestions.

Frown: Personally Ukswrath and myself prefer the frown painted to the ends and gradually thinned out rather than the short look. This look lends it self more to the more commonly seen Stunt look on screen, where as the short and sudden finish looks more towards the Hero style. I guess its what most of us are used to seeing,

gallery_12157_36_77206bc-crop2b.jpg

Ear screw: This is purely for accuracy, and we still wonder why Anovos went to so much trouble to put these armour kits together, yet didn't go that one little step further and use correct type of screws. These should be of the V head variety.

Thermal Det screw: These should be pan head style and not Phillips head, and as the perfect finishing touch, painted black.

gallery_12157_51_33329.jpg

Hovi mic mesh: Again this is only a suggestion, but a nice finishing touch is to replace the mesh in the end of the Hovi tips with a  more accurate type.

Screen used

f316cad4-5241-4f0a-ae1b-9bd96b67b348.jpgDSC_6759_1_closeup-7004_zpsbbhldgjf.jpg

Its a great build and you have done a great job.

Centurion Suggestions:

In this section we try and prepare you as best we can for Centurion, we do try and spot as much as possible to clear the pathway for a good clean review.

As mentioned above dropping the entire back Back,Kidney butt down 3/4 - 1", and having a look at the length of the side straps on the butt, you look so good we really want that fixed for your Centurion app, the rest are suggested tweaks to get it looking totally amazing.

DSC_7080_zps3nohfv3b.jpg

You guys are sure making it easy for us, another great build,  but it would be the icing on the cake, to see them instigated in your centurion application.

Well done Trooper, see you in the centurion app thread soon. :salute::jc_doublethumbup: