Hi Guys,

I have been looking all over the forum and come across many reviews on the blasters, but is there a general preffered choice by people? What is the best quality one? I'm planning on getting one within the next couple weeks and want to know which one to get. With that many choices and the cost of the thing i want to make sure its right, any help will be useful or point me in the right direction if this topic has already been created.

Thanks guys

First of, welcome James! Maybe post an intro thread in the Welcome Section also.

"Best Quality One?" That will be subjective, mainly based on price. I'd suggest you spend a bit of time a little bit further down the page here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/127-anh-blastech-e11/

And have look at a few of the builds. You'll be able to see what different people do with the various kits. Be sure to check out the E-11 reference, in my signature below.

• Like 1

First of, welcome James! Maybe post an intro thread in the Welcome Section also.

"Best Quality One?" That will be subjective, mainly based on price. I'd suggest you spend a bit of time a little bit further down the page here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/127-anh-blastech-e11/

And have look at a few of the builds. You'll be able to see what different people do with the various kits. Be sure to check out the E-11 reference, in my signature below.

Thanks Sith Lord i will have a look at that later. Price is not much of an issue as its actually a present from my girlfriend who spoils me as much as i spoil her! 

Thanks

Awww, how sweet. LOL! 

1. Buy a deactivated Sterling. Ship it to @Usaeatt2 to do the metalwork and polishing, then to @T-Jay to do the resin work ;)

Edited by Sith Lord
  • Like 1

Awww, how sweet. LOL! 

1. Buy a deactivated Sterling. Ship it to @Usaeatt2 to do the metalwork and polishing, then to @T-Jay to do the resin work ;)

Haha its all sweet until she tells me something she really want!! ha!

Loving the idea of the real sterling, and whilst price is not a major issue, i wasn't expecting to pay much over 300 Max, where can i get one fully made etc? I have the helmet from RS propmasters which is really good, and their reviews seem positive but will it look cheap compared to others?

Thanks

lmfao...

there are A LOT of options to go for an E-11 blaster.

As many have mentioned there are many factors that go into each person to determine what is "best" (price / weight / electronics / accuracy / type of build, etc...) 

I personally have a hasbro conversion, problem is that it cannot be approved for centurion.

Many troopers love the Hyperfirm blasters since they are lightweight and are centurion standard

Or you can do the full DoopyDoo kit made of resin.

Completely up to you buddy.

lmfao...

there are A LOT of options to go for an E-11 blaster.

As many have mentioned there are many factors that go into each person to determine what is "best" (price / weight / electronics / accuracy / type of build, etc...) 

I personally have a hasbro conversion, problem is that it cannot be approved for centurion.

Many troopers love the Hyperfirm blasters since they are lightweight and are centurion standard

Or you can do the full DoopyDoo kit made of resin.

Completely up to you buddy.

Thanks Mate,

The hyperfirm one does seem to come up alot, i'm guessing they are good quality then. My main 'want' is to have it looking as real as possible and be under £300 really, apart from that weight and electronics (don't even know what electronics they have in them) are not really an issue as long as it looks good. It'll mainly spend its life sat in a cabinet anyways until i get the extra monies for the whole suit...

Where are you based, James?

Hyperfirms aren't readily available outwith the US, it would seem. Personally, i'm not keen on the foam construction and the seam on it. RS don't ship the blasters on their own, due to breakage issues (!) i've asked. The Shepperton E-11 looks OK on their site but looks rough as hell on youtube vids. Doopydoos are always out of stock.

Options are limited in the UK!

Where are you based, James?

Hyperfirms aren't readily available outwith the US, it would seem. Personally, i'm not keen on the foam construction and the seam on it. RS don't ship the blasters on their own, due to breakage issues (!) i've asked. The Shepperton E-11 looks OK on their site but looks rough as hell on youtube vids. Doopydoos are always out of stock.

Options are limited in the UK!

I'm based in the UK up in sunny yorkshire. Yeah they do seem to be, right thats some good info! My options are even smaller now but hopefully i will find the right one eventually, which one do you have? If i can get hold of a DoopyDoo one are they the way to go?

Thanks

I'm based in the UK up in sunny yorkshire. Yeah they do seem to be, right thats some good info! My options are even smaller now but hopefully i will find the right one eventually, which one do you have? If i can get hold of a DoopyDoo one are they the way to go?

Thanks

I've been trying to order a Doopydoos E-11 kit since mid January (always out of stock, they don't answer emails and their phone voicemail is full). I'll keep trying but the patience is wearing thin.

I have a Rubies E-11 (£23 inc postage on Amazon), which looks reasonable painted, but could use a few mods, and also did a scratch pipe build. Total cost of about a fiver :D but it's ugly (build thread is in the Blast-tech build section)

My other option is to 'do it properly', and buy a deactivated Sterling SMG, but can't afford that :(

I've been trying to order a Doopydoos E-11 kit since mid January (always out of stock, they don't answer emails and their phone voicemail is full). I'll keep trying but the patience is wearing thin.

I have a Rubies E-11 (£23 inc postage on Amazon), which looks reasonable painted, but could use a few mods, and also did a scratch pipe build. Total cost of about a fiver :D but it's ugly (build thread is in the Blast-tech build section)

My other option is to 'do it properly', and buy a deactivated Sterling SMG, but can't afford that :(

Ah, don't think i'll stand a chance of getting one then!

I'll just have to keep looking, could always mod a Hyperfirm one!

Yeah must admit i wouldn't ming getting a Sterling, i few people have reccommended but as you say its all about monies haha!

This is my Rubies, painted, with the loopy t-tracks sanded (still need smoothed-out)

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks, it looks good. Could do that to put me on. Do you have any ideas about the 'originalstormtrooper' ones?

That's the Shepperton one (AKA SDS) I referred to above. Looks ok in their photos, but look at Youtube for some closer pics. Many of the parts they use look very rough and poorly finished, especially for the £150+ price tag.

I've ordered another Rubies, but i'll do the following:

Weight it inside with modelling clay.

Maybe install an internal barrel.

Drill the holes in the outer barrels and underside.

Hollow-out under the scope rail and betweel scope and rail.

Add power cylinders.

Flatten the T-Tracks as above photos.

Paint and weather.

James , in the uk you are not allowed to troop with a " real" sterling . Modified de activated stirlings aren't allowed by the UK Garrison . <br>

I'd reccomend getting in touch with Doopydoos , or failing that , import something from the states . Maybe contact TJ ? <br><br>

RS are having an open day this Saturday , why not nip down the m62 and pay them a visit . . .? This was on their workbench last weekend , straight out of the mould , maybe you could convince them ?

----------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

You can order the individual parts from doopy does. Just not the kit at the moment. I'm doing a pipe build with PVC and ordering the separate DD parts as well as some from FISD suppliers. Good luck!

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk