Scope & Hengstler counter weathering questions

TKZombie

Hi I have two questions on weathering the scope and counter.<br><br>

1. The scope I've drilled out all the way thru and I'm awaiting lenses to add to it and then will be painting it. Spraying it brass then a black coat to wear. Should the black coat be flat black like the blaster or a semi gloss finish? I did the blaster grip and t-tracks in the semi gloss finish. <br><br>

2. I have a replica Hengstler counter on order from Blue Snaggletooth he's building it now. Its a black counter do I leave it finish as is? Or paint it flat black like the body of the blaster? <br><br>

Thanks!<br>

Christina

The way I did it, Christina, is to do the scope in several layers of flat black enamel, and then used the "dry brush" technique to highlight it on the edges with the brass paint.  Just don't go overboard on the weathering.  Sometimes less is more!

I would do the Hengstler counter in flat black as well.  I also did the grip in semi-gloss with no weathering. 

Hi I have two questions on weathering the scope and counter.<br><br>

1. The scope I've drilled out all the way thru and I'm awaiting lenses to add to it and then will be painting it. Spraying it brass then a black coat to wear. Should the black coat be flat black like the blaster or a semi gloss finish? I did the blaster grip and t-tracks in the semi gloss finish. <br><br>

2. I have a replica Hengstler counter on order from Blue Snaggletooth he's building it now. Its a black counter do I leave it finish as is? Or paint it flat black like the body of the blaster? <br><br>

Thanks!<br>

Christina

I did the same thing with the scope, it's a very cool mod! If you feel up to it, you can add the prism from the binoculars and add a target to your scope. It's not like it's functional or anything but the effect is pretty neat!!

Regarding your questions: my first scopes got painted in flat black but checking reference pictures later, these are semi gloss in some places (depending on wear and tear).

Having different types of black paint on individual parts of a blaster makes it (imho) look more believable. It is something I am heading for in my builds.