Ok, I feel old... How do you get a Podcast?

Runnriottt

I am lost on this one. Does my Ipod have to do vids? I have a gen 1 Nano, and a gen 2 shuffle.

I cant watch a Pod cast thing on Itunes? How do you do this?

A Podcast just Apple slang for an .mp3 file. Really, that's all it is - it's like calling a garbage man a sanitation engineer. Nobody does marketing like Apple. :)

Any mp3 player can play them, as well as any computer.

So its not video? Its audio?

I really want to see what I have been missing on the 501st stuff... I cant seem to get it to load at all.

I really hate Apple. The only thing its good for as the stupid Ipod... :D

I have a Mac Mini in its box below my desk. Gathers dust.

Yes. But I think some people are making webcasts (essentially just a video file like an mpeg) and calling them podcasts, or video podcasts. At the end of they day they're just audio and video files that you can play on anything.

Yeah, I hate Apple too. iTunes is such a pain and you pay a premium for the Apple brand. I find it ironic that people poo poo Microsoft yet Apple exerts far greater control over how you can listen to your stuff.

Hey Nathan, getting rid of your MacMini anytime soon? hehehhe

I would in a heartbeat. Hell I would even trade it. Wireless mouse, Keyboad and the Comp with wireless Lan, 2 USB and an 80g drive, ill have to check but 2g of ram. OSX and the chip about 3 months before the Intel model.

Paid 1100 for the rig. Worth Far less than that now and I might have used it 12 times. Its just a big Ipod to me. I have all the software as well. Shoot me an offer. Still in the box.

Ill try the Podcast thing again today...