Counters

Rat

I'm pretty sure that wires are not required, but what about counters? I'm looking at possibly getting a DD kit, but not sure if I want to do a full or pipe kit. While I was looking at the two it looked as if the pipe kit doesn't come with a counter.<br><br>

So that is the subject of my curiosity.

Depends what your goal is.

Base approval - doesn't matter as long as the blaster is representative of a Sterling based E-11. Some people like the clean look with no counter

EIB and Centurion you need to follow the CRL. ANH needs the counter. (ESB doesn't) 

I bought the detail kit that you saw, no counter or scope. However I did purchase the counter and scope on a separate order. Those have arrived but still waiting on the kit. I bought my power cylinders off shape ways designed by themainthesuitcase and those arrived as well. So many options to choose from so I have been reading as much as possible. Good luck with your decision. Hope this helps.<br>

Kevin

I bought the detail kit that you saw, no counter or scope. However I did purchase the counter and scope on a separate order. Those have arrived but still waiting on the kit. I bought my power cylinders off shape ways designed by themainthesuitcase and those arrived as well. So many options to choose from so I have been reading as much as possible. Good luck with your decision. Hope this helps.<br>

Kevin

Just got the Shapeways power cylinders last week.Not accurate as shown on their website.

What do You think about them?

Also what is a good glue for resin?

I used a two-part epoxy from Harbor Freight for my DoopyDoo build. I also put pins into some of the parts to strengthen the bond. I've had (knock on wood) no breaks or parts come off of it in just about two years that I've had it now. You can find my build thread linked in my signature below, and be sure to check out the FISD E-11 Blaster Reference by clicking the link (also found below my signature) below! Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask if you've got questions. :)

Also what is a good glue for resin?

I use 2 part epoxy for my builds, but I hear regular CA glue (super glue) works well

Just got the Shapeways power cylinders last week.Not accurate as shown on their website.

Did you get the 'suitcase' ones? He publicly said they're not accurate to real cylinders, but I would assume they should be as per the pics. What was inaccurate about them?

Thanks Tim and yeah I just finished up reading through that thread very interesting indeed. I have my lightly modified Rubies but was thinking perhaps a resin build would be nice to do. What is the epoxy called by the way?

I have nothing to compare them to in all honesty. I am making 2 blasters, 1 for my son(accuracy not a must) and 1 for me that will be fully detailed so I am going for full accuracy. I can always use the shape ways on my sons. They look nice and they are clean so all in all I lIke them. I believe he is still tweaking them so if they become fully accurate I would buy another one. They are thin on the bottom plate so hopefully he thickens that part. Edited by kevin926
  • Like 1