ANOVOS snap set mishap whoops

E-Ren89

So I had a mishap when I was installing snaps for the belt on the ab plate. I didn't realize that two of the snaps were different than the other seven that came with this kit. So I put on one of the other ones first and realized it would not snap to the belt and then tried to remove that one to replace with the other one. I used a drill bit because I was pretty sure that's how you removed snaps. And this happened. The heat of the drill melted it like crazy. I'm not too concerned about the damage because I'm making abs paste right now but I was wondering how can I determine exactly what snap these are so I can get the correct ones from the store? Specifically to make sure they will snap correctly with the ones installed on the belt already

post-25894-0-26080000-1456088648_thumb.jpeg

Oh yeah I already did that sorry I didn't include that in my post. I'm just concerned about the actual snaps right now I think I'm actually going to run out and grab a whole set of new snaps and replace anything that this kit came with. I just want to make sure I get correct ones or the correct size

Two things our armor doesn't like is heat and getting shot by a blaster.

I have not been around the Anovos kit yet to know what all they provide.  For my build, I took notes from other builds and used the Tandy Line 24 Snaps just about everywhere. These have a 9/16" (14 mm) head.  I used their smaller Line 20 snaps for the belt to the ab plate, which is what you are changing in the post above.  The Line 20 have a 7/16" (11 mm) head.

See if this can help.    I came up with this to figure out exactly how many snaps I actually used. Wish I would have done this earlier so I could make one trip to Tandy!

BTW, this also shows the rivets needed for Centurion.

vQFaqYj.jpg

Edited by wingnut65
  • Like 5

The snaps that come with the anovos kit have not much in common with the ones used on the original suits, if that's what you're asking. So if you're not aiming for accuracy, you're free to choose whichever snaps you want, as long as they do the job.