pepakura files

Hey Kevin, we don't actually generally suggest the use of Pepakura for armor builds if you're trying to join the 501st. The armor often ends up being heavy, expensive, uncomfortable, and inaccurate. When I first got onto the FISD, I was planning on doing a pep build, and I was quickly warned away from it. If you still want to go through with it, I know where to find TK pep files. If you'd rather go a more tried and true route, I'd suggest looking at this thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/to get an idea of where the 501st gets most of its TK armors.

Good luck!

Hey Kevin, we don't actually generally suggest the use of Pepakura for armor builds if you're trying to join the 501st. The armor often ends up being heavy, expensive, uncomfortable, and inaccurate. When I first got onto the FISD, I was planning on doing a pep build, and I was quickly warned away from it. If you still want to go through with it, I know where to find TK pep files. If you'd rather go a more tried and true route, I'd suggest looking at this thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/to get an idea of where the 501st gets most of its TK armors.

Good luck!

I'm too tall to be a stormtrooper, 6'3 220 so it's just a display piece.boba maker has a tutorial on a snowtrooper helmet I am beginning to work on but I would also really like to have a stormtrooper, boba fett and vader helmets as well. My collection is more nostalgic than anything else. But I will say, accuracy is a must for me. So I thought the pepakura builds would be less expensive but your saying they're cost more and less accurate? I like building these myself but vader and stormtrooper pose an issue for scratch builds. That's why I was attracted to the pepakura. So a pepakura will cost more. What could I expect to pay for a helmet that I can take my time and put together? Thanks for saving me a hassle and money it seems. Edited by kevin926

I'm too tall to be a stormtrooper, 6'3 220 so it's just a display piece.boba maker has a tutorial on a snowtrooper helmet I am beginning to work on but I would also really like to have a stormtrooper, boba fett and vader helmets as well. My collection is more nostalgic than anything else. But I will say, accuracy is a must for me. So I thought the pepakura builds would be less expensive but your saying they're cost more and less accurate? I like building these myself but vader and stormtrooper pose an issue for scratch builds. That's why I was attracted to the pepakura. So a pepakura will cost more. What could I expect to pay for a helmet that I can take my time and put together? Thanks for saving me a hassle and money it seems.

I'm only operating on advice given to me in my first ever post on these boards about a year ago by more veteran members. I think a pep build could be cheaper if you're a pep master and you're able to perform a build with no waste and as few resources as possible, but in general it seems to be cheaper to go with a kit. And even taller troopers exist! I believe it's Troopermaster that makes the best armor for larger troopers, but it might be Authentic Props (AP). I'm pretty small, so I haven't done much research into that kind of thing. For a helmet, though, with a kit from Affordable Trooper Armor (ATA), you can expect to pay $130 plus shipping and not including the tools you'll need for the build. ATA is about as cheap as it gets. For an isolated piece like a helmet rather than a full suit, it might be cheaper to go with the pep. I have no idea. I can link you to my first post, where people talked to me about the pep build idea. I haven't given it much thought since then.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I guess you can call me a prop builder,I am currently working on a few projects at a time. <br>

Also a member of astromech and I am building an r2 unit as well as 2 sabers and 2 blasters.<br>

graflex and mpp<br>

dl44 denix build and my scratch/kit e11.<br>

I like to collect info and files or pieces for my next projects in que. I have a strange builders method by building till I get stuck or run out of parts and move to the next while I wait or figure my next step out. It works for me. I think I will put the stormtrooper helmet on hold and save up to buy an accurate kit and I believe you are correct with the pepakura. It was just an idea and I'm glad I asked because I got the answers I needed.

• Like 1

I've got a few TK armor sets for Pep files...and none of them are accurate.  I'm actually hoping to scan in my Anovos armor and make pep files based off of those pieces as they seem to be much more on par with what TK armor should be.  I'm still doing it, but at a much slower pace and as a side thing now.  I bought my real kit that I'll use to pass my CRL standards to get into the 501st.

I did come across a great set of FOTK pep files that I'm focusing on as I heard the base price of that armor through Anovos would be at least $1500 to $3000.  That's a little rich for my blood.  I would love another OT TK set so I could do a Shadowtrooper...but I'd love a FOTK set as well.

Hi

My plan was to build an entire armor and helmet from pepakura. I'm starting to reconsider this. This armor files I have found is simply not detailed enough or have huge flaves in them. For instance the belt will only fit a 6 year old!!

However the helmet files I have found is very detailed. So for the fun of it I'll try to build this and perhaps buy a plastic suit later on.

If you find some detailed armor files scaled for adults, please let me know :-)

Edited by TheDuze