Being a TK outside of a Con...

Murray1134

My armor is nearing completion, and I'm already looking for the first time to take it out for a test run. Most of the official troops are a few hours away, but we've got a county fair soon that might just work.

What has everyone else done outside of official troops or cons? First time you took your armor out for a spin?

Needless to say, since I got my TK Halloween has become my favorite holiday. I can't wait for the Halloween parties (both kids parties and adult parties) and taking my kids trick-or-treating around the neighborhood is going to be a blast!

I've also been itching to take my dog for a walk in my TK, just to see the neighbors' reactions . . .

I say go have fun at the county fair Paul. There's bound to be tons of kids there who will love having their picture taking with you and you might even recruit a few new members in the process.

(Just make sure someone is there to watch your back while you're in the helmet.)

My first year in the 501st no one but my sandy buddy Brian expressed interest in going to Emerald City Comic Con, so we just went by ourselves as individuals. We were mobbed by photographers!

Turns out a few others showed up, but it was never an official "event". What a blast!

I say go out and have fun. In the end it's what it's all about, and when you're not representing yourself as 501st it's your costume to do with after all.

Just dont go alone... Just like Thumper said. Have someone watching for things, you can get mobbed pretty quick. I do some on the side stuff here, and have been unable to move for about 20 minutes from all the onlookers. Be ready to draw attention. Good and (hopefully not) bad.

Just dont go alone... Just like Thumper said. Have someone watching for things, you can get mobbed pretty quick. I do some on the side stuff here, and have been unable to move for about 20 minutes from all the onlookers. Be ready to draw attention. Good and (hopefully not) bad.

Totally agree. Ask some of the guys around your area if they want to trek down to you for an unofficial troop (the more of you the more imposing)... then have a least one handler with you! And make sure the handler has a camera... we want pics! :)

I've also been itching to take my dog for a walk in my TK, just to see the neighbors' reactions . . .

:lol::lol::lol:

A Guy i know (not in any Garrison at the time) when he finished his armor he went out with his mates drinking..."he didn't drink".

Anyway he had loads of photo's taken but as the night went on and people drank more thing's started getting out of hand.

Sadly it was before the smoking ban was in place and people could smoke in pubs, so needless to say he had quite a few holes burnt into his armor mainly the butt so he had to invest in a new one.

I did try to tell him that something like that would happen..but !! oh well.