Green lighting film for lenses

This is probably a really dorky thing to worry about but I'm big on uv protection. I don't think the green lighting film has any uv protection as it was not made with that in mind. Do troopers who are concerned simply wear sunglasses in their helmets when trooping outdoors or has anyone found an alternative material that does provide uv400 protection?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

With visibility at a premium already I doubt sunglasses would be a viable option. They would probably fog up quickly etc. Perhaps some UV film that you could layer on the backside of the lenses but then again that may alter the lens appearance or color and a quick google search didn't pull any options.

I have seen some mirrored lenses on some tk's before not 501st approved or accurate but if its a big concern may be an option to just cut some lenses out of a pair of sunglasses and attach to the helmet, if you could find sunglasses with a green hue then you would be in business. 

• Like 1

With visibility at a premium already I doubt sunglasses would be a viable option. They would probably fog up quickly etc. Perhaps some UV film that you could layer on the backside of the lenses but then again that may alter the lens appearance or color and a quick google search didn't pull any options.

I have seen some mirrored lenses on some tk's before not 501st approved or accurate but if its a big concern may be an option to just cut some lenses out of a pair of sunglasses and attach to the helmet, if you could find sunglasses with a green hue then you would be in business.

Thanks, I was looking at UV film as an option. Also, dark green helmet shields but I don't think they come in a green close enough to what is required. I was just asking to see if anybody has already worked out a solution for it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1