Official LFL Blaster Sound Effects

SlyFox740

So I stumbled across this flash based soundboard on StarWars.com and I noticed it has some really cool official blaster sound effects straight from Ben Burtt himself at Skywalker Sound, just click on "Sound Effects & More" then click on "Blasters" and you can hear various blasters from the films. https://www.starwarsgamesonline.com/game/star-wars-soundboard

Interesting fact about the blaster sound; Apparently while looking for "other worldly sounds" Ben Burtt discovered the support wires for a radio tower in the Nevada desert made an interesting "space gun" type of sound when struck with a piece of metal, he recorded this and combined it with a military bazooka layered in the background.

There are a couple really great clear samples of E-11 Blast and Stun sound effects which would be perfect for blaster builds.

Unfortunately Lucasfilm won't let us just download these sound effects and they are under copyright. Which means they can not be sold or distributed without the knowledge and permission of Lucasfilm Ltd. However just because there is no download option does not mean it's illegal for us to have a copy of the sounds on our hard drives nor does it prevent one from obtaining them. The fact that Lucasfilm has shared the sounds for free online streaming automatically means they are now in the public domain, omitting a download option discourages and helps prevent this but having a copy on your hard drive is not infringing any copyright laws and certainly not illegal. The sounds are not "Royalty Free" that's something totally different. The sound effects themselves are still copy-written and possibly even trademarked, which means one cannot redistribute or sell them in any way without possible legal consequences. But it is definitely not illegal for you to simply record sound coming from your own computer, you just can't redistribute or sell that sound if it's copyright material you don't own the rights to.

Anyways, as you can see I have a professional home recording studio in my basement.

R3AU7Vq.jpg

I was able to use digital optical audio to transfer a full high-definition 44.1kHz 24-bit quality data stream from my MacBook into my MacPro, essentially downloading the raw audio data directly from the website. Not an analog audio rip, but a digital data stream of the sounds. An exact digital copy of the audio waveform my sound card is playing from StarWars.com, Perfect!

Here is a photo of the optical digital audio coming out of my MacBook, which I then plug into my MacPro.

hn5RGMV.jpg

If anyone is interested in the samples PM me or post here, I am willing to share my recordings with friends in the community. Just remember you cannot redistribute or sell these sounds to the public without legal consequence as they are copyright of Lucasfilm Ltd.

Also for everyone interested having authentic "trooper chatter" from the films on your com system I also recorded all the stormtrooper voice clips from StarWars.com (thread here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34943-official-lfl-trooper-chatter-sound-effects/ )

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, updated gmrhodes13 2020
  • Like 2

Very cool! Any chance those blaster sounds you obtained can end up in the hands of other fellow troopers through some sort of means? <br>

Limited to access or even record these sounds since I am only using an ipad.

Very cool! Any chance those blaster sounds you obtained can end up in the hands of other fellow troopers through some sort of means? <br>

Limited to access or even record these sounds since I am only using an ipad.

Sure thing! I can legally share my personal recordings among friends in the community, as long they're not sold or redistributed publicly as I said before, that would be copyright infringement.

PM me or post your Email here if you're interested in the E-11 Blast & Stun sound effects. I can record the other blaster sounds too if requested but I've noticed some of the sounds have multiple shots layered in the sample which would be pretty useless for a blaster build but maybe somebody might still want them for something else. I'm planning on using these official LFL E-11 sound effects for my blaster build, they are very nice clear samples!

• 10 months later...

Hi.

I'm interesting in the sound FXs for the blasters, as I'm trying to build some halloween stuff for the kids.

Can you send me some sample? it will be great

And same reason I'm trying to build a voice changer circuit to replicate the trooper sound (well, i'm interesting more in the "mike click" and "static noise" effect), so as the Dart Vader breath. Do you have the possibility to provide even those kind of FXs?

Thanks in advance

Andrea

On 11/28/2016 at 9:42 PM, Jocman said:

Hi.

I'm interesting in the sound FXs for the blasters, as I'm trying to build some halloween stuff for the kids.

Can you send me some sample? it will be great

And same reason I'm trying to build a voice changer circuit to replicate the trooper sound (well, i'm interesting more in the "mike click" and "static noise" effect), so as the Dart Vader breath. Do you have the possibility to provide even those kind of FXs?

Thanks in advance

Andrea

Yes I have the Blast and Stun sound effects for you, and I have several screen accurate Mic Click/Static Burst samples that I used to help develop the "TK Voice" iPhone App; -------------

Also I do have screen accurate breathing sounds from Darth Vader, I kept them for a future Vader costume project. I will have to dig them up in my hard drive, send me a private message with your email address.

-Henry

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

• 1 year later...
32 minutes ago, Mivay said:

@slyfox740 am I able to get a copy of your sounds for the E11 and if you have any F11D sounds that would be wonderful to. Cheers :)

Stunt and kill sounds are in the post prior to yours. I'm not aware anyone has F-11D sound files.

On 12/10/2020 at 1:02 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

F-11D file I ran across

Phasma/Cardinal version

• Like 2