*First Time Build* ATA Helmet Cap/Face Alignment

Hey guys,

So I have made a lot of progress on my first time build and after connecting (pre-rivets) the cap/back to the face, I ran into some strange alignment and was hoping you could take a look and recommend adjustments. Here are the pics:

Left:

289536b13de2a4712e50e8ac8ac1acd8.jpg

Front:

e18a58a33d7b5150c11b4f660afb59be.jpg

Right:

b1def2f949f22de8ea58e40ce2d84132.jpg

Problem area:

b87f648c328291ad218ebcd57d15db2a.jpg

Did I drill in the wrong place or should I just pinch that section in and rivet it?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 via Tapatalk

Edited by Beaubeaux

Honestly if you pinch that section and rivet it you should be fine.

However, i would lower the brow a bit and that would drastically help with that alignment.

If you still like some gap between the brow and eyes then you angle it upwards, however lower the ears more. It will make everything fall better.

Looks perfect height for a roadblock Captain sandtrooper but for a TK you are going to want to lower it some. And remember, once you put the ears on, it'll get rid of the remaining gap that the bottom rivet doesn't eliminate. 

Agreed that it looks a little too high. Seems to me also that the left ear area is where I used a heat gun to very, very carefully warm the area to better align with the front tube.

Another question is, once you get the alignment close, do the ears cover the seam? Like Jason mentioned, the ears will cover any irregularities!

Good Luck, Christian!

Alright, problem solved. I decided to redrill just a hair lower on the left and that closed the gap in and fixed the brow height at the same time.

329339754a0df1078082a95cbf970a76.jpg

118dbf7f6578862f0c4acc8d16ec936f.jpg

Edited by Beaubeaux

Alright, problem solved. I decided to redrill just a hair lower on the left and that closed the gap in and fixed the brow height at the same time.

329339754a0df1078082a95cbf970a76.jpg

118dbf7f6578862f0c4acc8d16ec936f.jpg

Talk about killing two birds with one stone, uh? Nice work buddy :)