E-11S - Sniper Rifle

Wow. That looks totally awesome Ian. Super work on this. That will keep those rebel scum on the run. I am still admiring all those venting holes you drilled on the receiver. Not sure how it would look but have you thought about adding an inner barrel ?

Edited by Bulldog44

Looks amazing!

Thanks Mark

Wow. That looks totally bad an impolite person Ian. Super work on this. That will keep those rebel scum on the run. I am still admiring all those venting holes you drilled on the receiver. Not sure how it would look but have you thought about adding an inner barrel ?

Brian, Brian, Brian..... You would question such a thing of me? Shame on you. Yes, an inner barrel has been made and will be making an appearance soon. I'm only having 5 t-tracks so the bottom 3 will be clear allowing plenty of room to see through.

Ha! Silly me. I should not even have brought that up. Knowing you, you have all the angles covered. Hoping to see the barrel added and t- tracks soon.<br><br>

I was just reading my previous post and I wrote bad a&$ but the filter prevented it and wrote "bad an impolite person" . I was like... I didn't write that. But then I remembered there is a filter for language. Oops.

Haha, yeah your post (39) over page did the same thing. I wouldn't say I have all angles covered, but most of the base ones :)

Although I am nearly done, but my source for the T-tracks is veeeerrrryyyy slow, so not sure when he'll get them to me. Might need to give him another friendly nudge ;)

Edited by Sith Lord

Good call Tino! I moved the bipod back closer to the grip and it looks a whole lot better in my opinion. That's for the constructive feedback.

Happy to see it worked to replace the bipod. Looking really cool Ian.

This area will most likely be, where your second hand is at. So I hope the mounting method of the bipod will stand that stress...

Can't wait to see your inner barrel and T-tracks.

Happy to see it worked to replace the bipod. Looking really cool Ian.

This area will most likely be, where your second hand is at. So I hope the mounting method of the bipod will stand that stress...

Can't wait to see your inner barrel and T-tracks.

Thanks Tino. My second hand naturally sits on the tactical grip, so no issues there.

The scope! eBay is great isn't it? $15 or so from Hong Kong for this big whiz bang scope. Looks nice through the optics too.

Sorry Tino. No extra large Counter here. Just a regular one. And a regular scope rail too, so won't go into too much detail there. I did, however, upsize to 3mm aluminium instead of 1.6mm. 

P1030492_zpstop5ewcc.jpg

P1030488_zpsglqgwjtv.jpg

P1030493_zpsq87sidha.jpg

A couple of wide shots

P1030487_zpsj7ip8o9w.jpg

P1030486_zps7g2jmfm6.jpg

Edited by Sith Lord
  • Like 1

Wow, that looks very cool. The thicker rail is fine. It will most likely not be recognized and looks better with a scope of that size.

A longer rail would not make any sense as the position of the scope does not need to move. All good as you did it.

I love this build :)

• Like 1

Hmm... I'm not sure. I'd have put a pistol or compact rifle scope on it, I think. The big scope makes it look a bit 'normal' and less 'Star Wars'.<br><br>

Just my HO :)

What style do you think? Got a pic? I do have a long skinny 15-20mm one used for the SE-14R but i think it would look to small with everything else 'oversized'.

Edited by Sith Lord

I'm not sure. Probably something like the scope on a T21-B - <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-21B_heavy_blaster'>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-21B_heavy_blaster</a>

Not being rude at all, I appreciate all opinions, but nah, looks to puny to me. Big and chunky is the way I'll go. Now, I could go and get fancy and stick a second scope on it, but then again, it is meant to be just a larger E-11.

Cheers

Not being rude at all, I appreciate all opinions, but nah, looks to puny to me. Big and chunky is the way I'll go. Now, I could go and get fancy and stick a second scope on it, but then again, it is meant to be just a larger E-11.

Cheers

Lol like I say, just my opinion. Probably nobody else's, so mine is unique :D

Whatever, it looks great.

Thanks Aaron! T-Track time. I got Roy and Marv to give me quotes on like 3.5 metres of T-track. (well, Marv never got back to me...) and at over $100- I started looking for other solutions. A local member said he could come through with a product, but never eventuated, so back to making my own out of 2mm sheet styrene. As mentioned a few times, I was never going for all out E-11 accuracy with this build, so this was another compromise I had to make.

Instead of doing a simple 10mm flat x 8mm high (or whatever the exact measurements are), to give the vertical piece more strength, I went with a 8mm high piece in centre, supported by 2 x 4mm wide sections on the flat, so the vertical is sandwiched between the two. Hopefully that will keep it in place.

You know me by know, fairly rough pictures now showing the construction, finish will be done at the end will final sand/paint.

P1030513_zpseajsaz3g.jpg

P1030514_zpsdpzcknw5.jpg

P1030516_zpsm61pfirb.jpg

P1030517_zps2uibjifn.jpg

And then I decided to fill those front holes too

P1030518_zpsravvhrst.jpg

Bulks up the whole weapon nicely I think.

P1030519_zpsep24ukry.jpg

Thanks for checking in.

• Like 3

You get the record for longest T-tracks ever! 

Looked great without them but Looks even better with them added. I love this blaster! Talent my friend, talent!!

You get the record for longest T-tracks ever! 

Looked great without them but Looks even better with them added. I love this blaster! Talent my friend, talent!!

Thanks Brian. Appreciate the feedback. But remember, it's not how long it is, but how you use it....

For those with a keen eye, you'll see the front sight guard has come off. I had previously 'fixed' the lower shape of it with greenstuff to suit the diameter of my pipe. The epoxy stayed stuck to the pipe (and the GS), but the GS separated from the resin guard. I'll have to have another look to see if I can get away without using any GS.

Ian, these T-tracks really make that blaster looking even better - like Brian said.

The receiver tube has now "grown" in diameter and looks good, considering the other dimensions. Very cool job!

Any plans for wires around the T-tracks like it was done on the DLT-19 ?

Ian, these T-tracks really make that blaster looking even better - like Brian said.

The receiver tube has now "grown" in diameter and looks good, considering the other dimensions. Very cool job!

Any plans for wires around the T-tracks like it was done on the DLT-19 ?

Thanks Tino. Looking back at the blaster before I moved the bipod, it looks so much better, so thanks for the suggestion again.

No, hadn't thought about wires on the tracks. To the untrained, I don't think they would mean anything anyway - even some DLT's don't have the wires, only when they get picked up for SWAT or Centurion.  I'm thinking of leaving it cleaner for now.

Unfortunalty I'll have to postpone this build for a while (although not much left to do) - I need to finish my Mouse droid for a Con in 2 weeks!