Removing over spray paint off ABS

Jinsei

Hey all,

I have a quick question. I painted the interior of my helm and have a little bit of spray that has gone outside. What could I safely use to clean up the fine over spray that happened. I'm using Krylon paint/primer combo.

I should also say it is a very very very fine amount of spray. In this case would a very small amount of paint thinner/acetone work? I think a slight damp corner of a cloth/rag would be more than enough. I did a test on a small piece of abs and it seemed to be fine.

Thanks.

Edited by Jinsei

You could use extremely fine wet sand paper. That's what I use, but I paint everything and I use HIPS. Try it on a piece of plastic you aren't using for anything.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

First, steer well away from acetone, Spencer.  The only time ABS and acetone should come in contact with each other is when you are making ABS paste for repairs, as it can and will melt it.  Even if you use small amounts on a rag, it will take off the shine.  I would try oven cleaner, which seems to be a popular way to do it, or like Dlotz mentioned, using fine wet sand paper and then Novus fine scratch remover.  Just be SURE to use rubber or latex gloves and not breathe in the fumes, and try it first on a scrap piece of ABS.