AP or RS

Hi guys<br><br>

Looking forward to get a helmet and armor kit.was comparing between ap and rs.<br>

I was reading the thread in forum that at mostly fits for smaller frame body.i m not sure abt rs .<br>

I am 5' 8" , weight 175 kg (Asian). ,with an athletic body type (lol)...I mean I do consistently workout in the gym consistently.dilemma abt which fits my size, saw some of my friends pictures of him wearing rs, he is abt my size,but it looks like his armor at the thigh and his ab and kidney looks bigger.<br>

I saw some ap pictures, looks good though.<br><br>

Rs has everything to offer, to a centurion level.ap too has it, but I think mayb there are some minor parts that I need to get from somewhere else.<br><br>

Price wise , due to the horrendous currency exchange , ap is not that really far off from rs.u see my point of view, I am in dilemma.

I have RS and you can get the armor to fit your size. I trimmed my pretty good to get a fitted look . The only part that looks bulky on me even with the fitted trimming is the AB section. I can't speak for the AP kit but I think it looks good to and can also be fitted to your size. Some people leave a lot of room when fitting their armor making it appear bigger on some parts. <br><br>

You can even try seeing how the Anovos kit turns out when some members start posting their feedback on the quality and look. Price is much cheaper, $650 for a kit.

• Like 1

Yeah, I heard abt the ab section for rs, my waist is around 33-34 ...wonder if it will be too big.of course , after reading one of another thread regarding ap and rs, rs has direct lineage to the original anh , that appeals me.<br><br>

Price still not an issue to me.its almost the sAme price for both ap and rs.but am I rite to say that rs has all that you need for a centurion<br><br>

I still need more inputs

If you take your time and trim everything to look fit, RS armor will serve you well. I somewhat made my arm parts too fitted but it still looks fine . I copied some of the troopers on screen look so not ideal for trooping. Live and learn. Details for RS are for the most part what you see in the movie and will live up to your expectations. Really wonky and bumpy up close but authentic look. Good luck!

Any guys wanna comment on ap?

Ultimately the decision is made by you on leap of faith mate. By sticking with the vetted makers you are going to get quality armor.

Just pick the one you believe is going to help you achieve the build you are looking for.

If you're still on the fence read the awesome threads where troopers have used RS and AP so you can see some close up's and read about their woes and triumphs - good luck on a decision!

• Like 1

Ivan,

I too am of Asian descent and close to your size. I havent had either AP or RS yet but I've got my heart set on RS. What sold me on their kit is the level of accuracy and that they offer everything you need. 

I've got RS. I Love it. Make sure if you get a completed set, go to a real tailor to get your measurements to provide RS.

Here is me trooping at a local TFA premiere event. I'm in the foreground. My buddy in the rear is in a SDS kit.

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I was talking to the guys at RS the other week and they mentioned they had just done a run of 15 suits for a new start up garrison in Asia , I can't remember where , Malaysia maybe , and they had experienced NO fitting problems . Plus, with RS you get screen accurate , and if you go for the full kit, you get belt, gun, boots,.... Nothing else to buy / source .