AP ESB Build WIP

I attached my left thigh armour fronts with the cover strip. The picture was corrupted :( Unfortunately the bottoms of the armour in the front don't line up exactly so I'm going to have to do some modding to curl the outside piece up a bit. The right side is trimmed and cover strips are curing and I left a space for the ammo pack.

Other than that I cut my belt out with the 45 degree bevels and glued my TD together, it's not painted yet but I will tape and paint around the caps and control square thing.

1462506656657_zpsgs35orvn.jpg

20160505_235224_zpskpz6wmpd.jpg

• Like 1

No at work. I know I already screwed this up too

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

When you get home, measure it up... See how it looks against the belt, it may not looks as bad as you thought.
  • Like 1

I went home on my lunch break, yeah I went a little too far, I know it's going to get pointed out at the higher approvals. It didn't look bad just not accurate. 

I have now replaced

1) 2 sets of ears

2) An entire helmet

3) A set of ESB decals

4) Shoulder Straps

5) Ab Button Plate

6) A Belt

I research so much everyday but it's like its all lost on me by the time I get home... Gotta shape up! No more hasty actions or OCD.

• Like 3

I assure the reward from experiencing your first troop will make up for it all - spectacular times await you brother and the feeling is unreal.

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 3

well over the weekend I tweaked the thighs a bit they are curing, I also finished my TD hand painted grey and got the clips on it looks really nice and I am pretty proud of it! :) Sunday was Mother's day and I was out most of the day so I took a rest  quite literally I slept most of the day after. I think the end is in sight!

• Like 3

Whoop whoop! Congrats on all levels, the rest day and the end in site! I need to get my butt in gear and put some serious effort into getting mine going. I need to focus!

• Like 3

I feel that buddy. Some days are harder than others to get motivated, the fire goes in spurts but enough of those spurts you get to the finish line (eventually). Starting to realize to experience running the race without craning my neck to see the finish line.

Whoop whoop! Congrats on all levels, the rest day and the end in site! I need to get my butt in gear and put some serious effort into getting mine going. I need to focus!

• Like 2

Alright moving along.

The TD is complete, no space between the clips and caps! with black screws (they're not flathead screws so may need to be replaced later for accuracy)

IMG_5064_zpsimvl6esv.jpg

IMG_5065_zpseakagk1o.jpg

IMG_5066_zpshyfqstce.jpg

Right Thigh coverstripped and hole drilled for the ammo pack

IMG_5067_zpszz1auy5d.jpg

IMG_5068_zps4ftuae2l.jpg

Left thigh being cured with coverstrip

IMG_5069_zpsmosqpxbr.jpg

Ammo pack and sniper knee cut and sanded

IMG_5070_zpsexhgls3v.jpg

IMG_5071_zpsudszbdej.jpg

And of course... How could I earn the nickname mesh and not put some in my bucket! lol

IMG_5072_zpsdgyksszl.jpg

IMG_5074_zpsqi9da3im.jpg

Still need to size the thighs do the shins/calves, strapping and hand plates and more foam in the helmet but we're getting there!

• Like 3

True It's just taped in there I can always rip it out later.

Nice work, not fond of the mesh, but it's your bucket... Remember, filling up bucket,many cutting air space means less air flow, and more fan requirement.

Got the thigh outsides finished, coverstrips are a real pain. With E6000 it take like 3 days to do inner and outer coverstrips for one pair of appendage armour.

IMG_5075_zpsucbfsd9q.jpg

I also cut, sanded and put the inner strips on my shin armour, little difficult figuring out which part was what was inside and out of each side but Walter's ESB thread and a bit of knowledge about human anatomy helped.

IMG_5076_zpsko1x7ju7.jpg

And finally some more shaping of my hand guards to make them look more like screen caps in ESB.

IMG_5077_zpszshws33z.jpg

• Like 2

Great progress. Really looking forward to seeing the end result.

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Tapatalk

• Like 2