Teensy 3.2 audio effects

I have been using a ROMFX for sound for quite a while and I really liked it, but struggled to get enough volume from it.  I upgraded to an Aker MR1505 amp but when I plugged the ROMFX into it,  I wasn't happy with the audio quality .

Now I have discovered the Teensy 3.2 ( google it if you don't know what it is).  With the added audio board it is fully capable of real time signal processing and playing back pre-recorded sounds either from memory or an SD card.   The whole thing with the sound board measures a tiny 1.4 x 1.4 inches (35mm x 35mm)

I now have mine doing bandpass voice filtering rather than just distortion and static burst with just a hint of white noise to give a very realistic radio effect.

It uses the same programming environment as the Arduino,  but it took me a little longer to learn just because it can do so much more.

I am just working on getting the power from the Aker to the Teensy  and then the whole package will be  a self contained voice unit,  giving great sound quality and loads of volume.

Will post up some pics once it's done.

Wil.

• Like 3

So I went for it and ordered me a Teensy and audio board and some stuff to get started. Adafruits CyberMonday Sale was pretty good to me, so I also ordered a Lipo battery to connect to it. 

cant wait to get started on experimenting w/ it. I'd love to see your sketch of your audio implementation

• 3 weeks later...