ANOVOS ANH Belt Problem

I'm with DDay on this. I'm not a 501st member yet, but my feeling for the CRL has always been that it's a standard for accuracy above anything else. To my knowledge, CRL changes only really happen to accommodate new information regarding screen-used armor. I feel that spending an extra $30 or so isn't really all that much to ask when it comes to modding a TK to 501st standards. It feels almost irreverent to change the CRL just because ANOVOS decided not to give us screen-accurate ANH stunt belts.

• Like 1

Where does Anovos dictate anything?

Maybe a few thousand buyers have a interest in such a change, but i´ve seen nothing that way coming from Anovos.

But, off course a CRL that rides around on 2 or 4 rivets for the holster, or even more the placement of the alustrips on the TD, but has such a wide range in the TD diameter is funny at it´s own.

But, off course a CRL that rides around on 2 or 4 rivets for the holster, or even more the placement of the alustrips on the TD, but has such a wide range in the TD diameter is funny at it´s own.

And bubble lenses and frown teeth :)

There is a lot to laugh about with the legion's CRLs. Having TD placement in a higher level of approval is barely chuckle worthy. Ever read the snow trooper or biker CRLs? Whoa boy they're a hoot.

If accurate TDs were more readily available I would consider putting that in the L3 CRL someday.

If I were a crappier DL I would lock and hide these threads to improve the tone and morale of our forums. I may be a jerk sometimes, but not that big of one.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again Dday is dead right. I didn't hear anyone screaming to change the CRL for the Rubies. The 501st should be about movie accuracy and looking good, setting a costume standard. The 501st should walk in to a room or an event, and for the most part look uniform and identical. They troopers should look like they walked right out of the movie screen and into real life. Rubies doesn't do that. No one knows about Anovos yet. Just because something is licensed by Lucasfilm or Disney should not make it 501st approveable or "canon" or CRL. So if these these are going to be ok to use, then why can't the eFX PCR helmets? They are licensed and look "good enough".<br><br><br>

Here is a great example of 501st quality, and the other guys...

post-15770-0-79198700-1447715398_thumb.jpeg

Edited by R2trooper

Ever read the snow trooper or biker CRLs? 

No, sorry. Never was really interested in them.

Seeing people shout from the top of a ivory tower really looks strange from the outside. I think they are blinded in their own small world over the time they´re in the hobby.

They may be educated in the details and think those differencies are easily visible - but i could take 10 of my friends (all SW-Geeks, but not costume or prop addicted), none of them could/would notice the differencies here discussed, nor even would care if they do.

Regarding looking uniform as out of the movies - nothing of those differencies in details is as disturbing at seeing them as real troopers as the size and form differencies are. A shimmed fat trooper, or a very long with a lot of black, are standing out much more than any of the here discussed details. Even with a FX or Rubies out of the box.

• Like 1

If I were a crappier DL I would lock and hide these threads to improve the tone and morale of our forums. I may be a jerk sometimes, but not that big of one.

(Sorry, rewording this post because I'm too verbose.)

Eric, please don't hesitate to lock and hide if you think it will help; I never intended to help spread negativity or lower morale with these two "problem" threads, and I apologize to everyone for that result. 

I'm very, very excited about my first armor, and I'm finding myself on pins and needles, hoping against hope they got it right. So far, "mostly yes" seems to be the consensus. I'm happy about that. :)

Edited by Astyanax
  • Like 2

My hope is that they are chicago screws, if not I'll be replacing 2 with Chicago screws. I picked up a dlt-19 in addition to my e-11 to go with mg kit because i like big guns and will use both for my custom mando kit, future TD, and potential future TB. Having the extra attachments for the troops when I tote the dlt-19 and have my e-11 holstered will be good for peace of mind that my expensive e-11 won't be taking a short, shattering trip to the ground if a kid tugs on my holster too hard. And if they are chicago screws it's just a simple matter of removing them for approval, and just slapping them back in anytime I expect to be holstering my e-11. A little white enamel and even the most eagle eyed sticklers for detail wouldn't be able to tell there are an extra 2 screws on the belt.