Neck circumference: 5.5" or 13.97 cm

Chest Circumference: 36" or 91.44 cm

Waist: 31.5" or 80.01 cm

Hip: 36" or 91.4 cm

Seat (or bottom): 38" or 96.5 cm

Inseam: 34" or 86.4 cm

Shoulder width: 16" or 40.6 cm

Arm length: 29" or 73.66 cm

Hello there! I posted before, about a year or so ago, but now I am back in action. I never was able to take steps to obtaining and building armor, and I got caught up in school, life, and studying abroad for months. But after attending a 501st showcase/ event at a school nearby where my Mom teaches, I have been rejuvenated and invigorated. I know you all get this a lot, but I hope you can help me.

As can hopefully be inferred from my measurements, I am relatively thin, and really tall. 170 lbs, 6 foot 3.25 inches. I am 20 years old, and after contacting my local 501st garrison (Golden Gate), I was referred here to you all for help. I am looking to obtain/ modify/ build the armor for a stormtrooper from ESB (and I know, these were actually re purposed from ANH, but that's beside the point.)

Does anyone know ANY armor that might suit me? I am open to modification, but I really have no idea how to start. Apart from building a Han Solo DL44 blaster from the Empire Strikes Back, and assembling a Captain America costume in junior year of high school, I really have no prior cosplay/ costume/ prop buidling experience.

As for budget, I know this is a really expensive endeavor. But it just seems so worth it, so I am willing to spend in the 2-3 thousand dollar range for this. It has been a dream of mine ever since learning about the 501st and seeing the Mythbusters Star Wars Special. I am finally ready to commit. 

If there is any advice, direction, or help you could give me, I would be sincerely grateful.

Yours truly, 

A wannabe trooper in need, from the Bay Area

RT-MOD and TrooperMaster would be your best candidates. TM makes some extra tall shins if you ask him. RT is a bit taller out of the box but is less accurate.

Or you could be a great Vader. ;)

• Like 1

RT-MOD and TrooperMaster would be your best candidates. TM makes some extra tall shins if you ask him. RT is a bit taller out of the box but is less accurate.

Or you could be a great Vader. ;)

Thank you so much! Super helpful. And I know, right? I've totally got the deep radio voice for Vader, too! I have thought about that, believe me. I have some tough choices to make. But you all are just too darn cool!

Mathias is so right. You would make a great Vader. And you have a great price range. If you wanna do a stormtrooper I would go with troopermaster

But where would I even start? Isn't a vader around 9 times more difficult? From what little research I have done, there really are no kits, and most things on the costume need to be scratch-built.

You probably need to do less manual work on Vader than the TK. Check out the sith lord detachment at http://forum.501stsithlords.com/

You can get away with buying ready to wear parts. It's just more people to talk to than getting everything in one big box.

You probably need to do less manual work on Vader than the TK. Check out the sith lord detachment at http://forum.501stsithlords.com/

You can get away with buying ready to wear parts. It's just more people to talk to than getting everything in one big box.

I'll look into this! But isn't it weird if there are multiple vaders at a 501st event?

It would be yes. But there is internal coordination before the event to not have that happen. If there are multiple vaders attending you take breaks to only have one in public. Or if the area is large you position them in different locations to not have two in the same spot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It would be yes. But there is internal coordination before the event to not have that happen. If there are multiple vaders attending you take breaks to only have one in public. Or if the area is large you position them in different locations to not have two in the same spot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Good point! I suppose I'll pursue both a Vader and TK for now, and see which seems like a better idea. I'll start by contacting Troopermaster. Will keep this updated as I find out more!