My ANH Holster build

Mcott65

Thought i would post some pics of making my holster.

To start these are the plans i followed.

EQrNTiz.jpg

Then after i had cut my leather i found these oh well.

5sCL1Qa.jpg

I picked up some raw leather for £30 from ebay 1.8MM THICK VEG TAN COWHIDE CRAFT LEATHER 89cm x 43cm - 35" x 17"

xvQ0sT8.jpg

I used a snap knife and steel ruler to cut a straight edge on the longest side and used that as my start point to draw the plan onto the rough side of the leather . By doing this i was able to cut two whole holsters and with a bit of juggling a third that is in two parts. (I think i will make this one up for a friend of mine who is not planning on joining but i made a blaster for last year).

aeTgxaR.jpg

The main part of the holster was given two coats of black leather dye on both sides

D2Mi4nB.jpg

Once this was dry it was given a generous covering of black shoe polish and buffed up.

TJ4qYdw.jpg

The inside part was also polished where it could be seen when folded over.
The straps were cut using the steel rule and snap knife . Before starting this i was a bit daunted about doing the leather work, but once i got into it i found it very easy to cut, and following TM`s plans made it very straight forward.

CwLcUoy.jpg

The main strap was given the same treatment as the body. Using my lexan scissors i cut the curve into the end of the strap. Everything was riveted on then time to sew it together.

GegtHHC.jpg

xjMPjtM.jpg

Using a tool to punch the holes for the stitching. I ran the tool up the side of the top part but it was not enough to go through both pieces so using a pin vice and micro drill .7mm drilled out the holes.

JrJuXSF.jpg

The two parts were stitched together using strong cotton with a back stitch. Back stitch is done by  pushing the thread through from back to front starting with hole two then front to back through hole one . The next stitch goes from hole one to hole three from back to front then into hole two front to back then hole four and so on.

y1mNepf.jpg