E11 Front Sight block - material

TK41715

Greetings,

I am about to start a doopy doos E11 kit. I like the idea of recreating the front sight. The Reference thread mentions using a carved block of plastic. I have searched my scrap stuff and the local hardware store, but I can't seem to find a chunk of plastic like that. Anyone have any suggestions on how/where I find myself material like that?

I assume I could use wood...and metal isn't really something I am equipped to work with easily. 

Anyone have any suggestions?

I would reference this thread, Brady:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/.  This is the end all be all of E-11 build information.  If there are any specific questions after reading this, I am sure someone is here to help!

• Like 1

The black pictures were just an offset of resin from the kit. Not sure if the doopy has any extra material you can use? The green pictures below that is just a blob of green stuff shaped similar, then filed and sanded down. An earlier attempt of mine, I used small strips of styrene. A few options there for you...

I see. Thanks for the advice all. I understand better now kit is in hand. I was thinking that sight block was much larger then I thought. Makes more sense now that I have my hands on it. Here goes nothing!

Edited by Sydious

If you need some PVC chunks to have a go, PM me and I can mail you some. Wood should be fine, probably easier to cut and sand to shape. It is a tiny part and getting it to accurate size can be tricky. Post pics of your progress if you get a chance! Good luck.

I made a 3d model of the block and the STL file is available from Thingiverse. See Post http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31703-e-11-blaster-3d-printed-parts/for link. Part is called Front Sight Block. The pin is also available.

If you have access to a 3d printer you can print this in PLA or ABS plastic. You can upload to Shapeways and receive the part in the mail.

• 3 weeks later...

I made a 3d model of the block and the STL file is available from Thingiverse. See Post http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31703-e-11-blaster-3d-printed-parts/for link. Part is called Front Sight Block. The pin is also available.

If you have access to a 3d printer you can print this in PLA or ABS plastic. You can upload to Shapeways and receive the part in the mail.

Wow I wish I saw this before I attempted mine. This sounds like the perfect solution. Maybe I will do so and try to recover from my attempt. Thanks for the links!