TK-8869 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [AM2.0] [537]

Welcome back to your review Terry. Glad to see you have replaced your boots and blaster, well done

With that congratulations and welcome to Expert Infantry Sir. :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we go through the observations made by your fellow Troopers and things that Tony and I also picked up.

Any suggestions we make for changes that would effect any application will be listed in the Centurion section below 

As we mentioned earlier, you have done a great job on this build, and for the most part it fits you well.

Points that would not effect any application but improve the comfort or overall look of your armor.

Shoulder Bell straps to shoulder bridge:  In your front on image the tops of your shoulder bells look to be at least an inch away from the shoulder bridge. Can these be shortened up to bring them closer to the bridge hence closing up the gap a little reducing the black area.

Shoulder bridges: Hopefully these are well secured, you could try applying some gentle heat to get them to sit a little flatter to the chest plate. The AM chest doesn't give a very large nor flat area to mount too and I 'd hate to see yours get caught or detach.

I will mention while we are here that the chest Plate does sit very low at the bottom leaving virtually no room to see the ab plate between the belt.

This may restrict your movement and catch on your belt. The options are to either replace it with a smaller one or you could trim from the bottom. Follow the contour line but reduce the drop at the sides and only a margin trim through the center.

tk_zpsspylvpbc.jpg

Back Plate: Back plate overlapping the kidney plate. There are two ways to manage this so the overlap is at a minimum or alleviated completely.

Shortening the under strap that connects the two so the Back sits higher, and trim the ends off where the plate arcs over the shoulder at the rear.

once this is done you can re-set your internal strapping that holds the bottom of the back plate to the top of the kidney. Of course option 2 is to again replace it with a smaller one

Please bare in mind these are only suggested mods to further improve the overall look of armor.

tk203_zpsvzlfh157.jpg

Pan head screw for the thermal Det, not a deal breaker but just a nice touch. Also the lower screw on your ear is also incorrect as should be a pan head.

Shoulder Bell gap between the bridge and top of the bell needs to come in. They  should almost be touching, just shorten up those top straps and they will be done.

tk209_zps1qbnbxip.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

I honestly think if you can actually make the above mentioned adjustments as well as close up those side gaps between Ab and Kidney plate, follow the CRL and photo check list, you will achieve centurion in no time.

Once again Congratulations Terry, well done!!

• Like 2

Thanks Andrew, I can definitely follow up on those suggestions, even if I don't go for Centurion I want it to be as nice and accurate as possible.  Like I've said in my build thread, the TK is what I joined with back in '06 and it was the old FX one, and since I FINALLY got around to an upgrade I wanted to make this as clean as possible.  I ended up with the AM kit event though I'm not necessarily a big guy (tall wise at least) so I knew I'd have to do some extra trimming at some point.

I wanted to go as little as possible to start and then work my way down more as needed.  I see the spots you are referring to, and now with the new boots I plan on addressing some minor issues like this to create the proper space all around.  But I can't tell you how happy I am to have achieved the EIB, thanks for all the help and encouragement here and especially with guys like Tony and their threads :)

• Like 2