Best type of glue?

dejango

I've got the ANOVOS ANH kit on pre-order and I've got most of my materials gathered for meticulous building, but I'm starting to question whether or not i have the right glue for the job. I few videos on youtube suggested Zap-a-gap and zip kicker, and it has a lot of great reviews on amazon and seems great for ABS plastic. On the other hand some people say e-6000 is the best. 

Can anyone say which is the better glue for the job? 

I've got the ANOVOS ANH kit on pre-order and I've got most of my materials gathered for meticulous building, but I'm starting to question whether or not i have the right glue for the job. I few videos on youtube suggested Zap-a-gap and zip kicker, and it has a lot of great reviews on amazon and seems great for ABS plastic. On the other hand some people say e-6000 is the best. 

Can anyone say which is the better glue for the job? 

Until you know what you're doing and have built a suit before, use E-6000.

• Like 1

Totally agree with Mathias. E-6000 can be messy and requires patience (it takes at least 24 hours to properly cure), but it is extremely forgiving in terms of making mistakes. It holds quite well when you want it to, but also comes apart pretty easily when you need to pull a piece apart and correct a build mistake.

I've been doing this for years and have built and/or assisted in building dozens of suits. Although with Zap A Gap (or some other sort of CA glue) I could build a complete suit by myself in a single 3-day weekend if I had to, I still use E-6000. Yeah ... it's that good.

A quick hint if you weren't already aware, Chris..  I suggest individually wrapping the magnets in blue painter's tape.  The reason being is that they are crazy strong, and can scratch your armor when you slide them off.