Gluing brow trim

tugle

I have not found the answer to this yet, so am just posting.  Does anyone glue the brow trim on, and what do you use?

I have seen not to glue the neck s trim down (ATA lid), as pressure should keep that in place if cut correctly, and a little superglue works great for those waves that show up on the inside.

The search did not find what I needed, so any help on the brow trim would be awesome!

Nobody really cares if you have to use glue or not. The point is to have the brow stay where you want it. On some helmets you need it, on some you don't. It maily depends on which trim you have, and the lenght of it. It needs friction to stay put. If there's too little friction, help nature out with some small dabs of glue.

• Like 1

Most of keeping your brow trim in place has to do with how the helmet was constructed in the first place. If the cap and face are fitted together with the brow trim in place and the fit is made where there is no gap along the brow line, it will stay in place on its own with no adhesive. Yes it can droop due to handling but all and all the pressure will keep it in place

Perfect, thanks all for the input - yeah my face and top have a bit of gap, so the trim seems to sag. fall out of place a bit (not an issue with the neck trim) so I will continue with the E6000 that so far has been excellent with everything else!

Didnt e6000 not stick to the rubber? I seem to remember i tried to glue my brow trim and e6000 let go right away. I have since used silicon glue for fishtanks at it seems to hold well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didnt e6000 not stick to the rubber? I seem to remember i tried to glue my brow trim and e6000 let go right away. I have since used silicon glue for fishtanks at it seems to hold well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It stopped the trim from sagging so I assume it stuck. Either that or it just bulked the plastic out enough to create enough friction to keep the trim in place.