Injected mold

PatrickW1074

Hi guys
I just purchased an injection molded helmet (TFA) and I was wondering if this is a durable method as far as strength of the helmet or did I just blow my cash?
Thanks in advance
Patrick

Edited by PatrickW1074

I got one too but I may cancel if they don't let me buy the armor, when asking the question if I can get just the armor at a later date they are just saying we will let you know, I don't need this if I can only get the armor with another premium helmet down the road

Wait - are these different from the TFA helmets that were bought at C7, or the same?

They are. The offer they have now on publicly available tfa helmets are injection molded.

Ā 

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think I'm just going to stick it out and see what it looks like when I get it. My only concern is the durability of the product. I think ANOVOS has proven themselves by producing some pretty cool things. So hopefully this will be one of them.

• 1 month later...

The MRCE (aka eFX collectors edition) helmet was also injection moulded and it was rock solid. Not accurate at all for any movie, but very durable.

true. I modded 5 of them. Very durable and a lot lighter than resin.

Injection molded means liquid plastic is forced into a metal mold which supports both sides of an object. Most production items are injection molded. Most of the time it's urethane or it can be abs (phones, appliances etc). I worked on items mass produced in factories using injection moulding. It will be fine.