Making armor " sit able"

Polar

Hey guys and gals. What things have you done to make your armor flexible enough to sit some what comfortably in it? I can sit, awkwardly but have to get up as I feel like its going to explode on me. maybe switch out my nylon strapping for elastic? My butt plate is also riveted to my back piece. I think thats where the major binding is. Anyways, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks 

Maybe switching to a Tie Reserve would help. :P

Honestly, outside of taking the butt off and making the thighs collapsible/flexible, I don't what you could do. For me, the butt plate isn't the problem, it's how the tops of the thighs poke into my legs as I try and move to a sitting position.  

• Like 1

-------------

I pulled this off for about 5 minutes before I felt like I was gonna die, or break something.

The reason I want to make it more comfortable is due to our quarterly meeting on the 30th. Were having a huge halloween party at work and I wold like to wear this all day lol. I will have to sit at some point cause a 12 hour shift standing is gonna whoop my butt! 

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I would recommend anyone used elastic over nylon webbing and not just for sitting, but flexible plastic and not worrying about if you crack your armour are quite near the top of the list.. then just sit back and put your feet up..

0AumdNj.jpg

• Like 1

Agreed, I have the strapping on my shopping list and now will change it to elastic.  Great idea!

BTW, Polar, if it is just for your work, can you get some white plastic and create sittable thighs that are comfortable to sit in, but not for realy 501st trooping?