Team Armor Build [MTK]: ANH Stunt in Northern California

Haribon72

Hello Everyone,

I'm helping out a new friend on his armor for legion membership.

This is a “Troopers Helping Troopers” team armor build.

Name:  Jay

Helmet:  ATA

100% Done (already at Centurion Level)

Armor:  MTK

100% Done for basic approval.

80% Done for Centurion Level (updated on 09/17/2015).

Background

Jay and I were introduced by UKSWARTH (Tony) last month at one of our garrison armor parties.    Since we live close by, we began working together on his build.  

He’s been working on his armor by himself for the past two months.  Before our second armor build, he was at 30% underway.   He's already aware with the legion CRL requirements and our Advanced Tactics program.    We will be documenting the build here.    

IMG_0485.JPG

Edited by Haribon72

We call this the "UKSWARTH" method = Reinforcing the abs and kidney assembly with additional strips and rubber washers

IMG_4159.JPG

IMG_4160.JPG

IMG_4171.JPG

IMG_4174.JPG

IMG_4176.JPG

Edited by Haribon72

After eleven hours, we wanted to do a test fit and get him into his armor for the first time.   There's still a lot of work ahead.   On this day, we got Jay at the 60% mark.

IMG_4187.JPG

IMG_4193.JPG

We'll update again on our next build day.

Edited by Haribon72

Thank you Jason and Hello again Germain!   Yes, I'm back on the FISD boards and its getting easier to build TK armor now.   I wish I had a veteran builder when I started two years ago.     For this build, we're aiming straight for Centurion by building everything to advanced tactics requirements.  Luckily for Jay, I still had a lot of leftover rivets, straps, abs cement, and misc materials to get his build in full swing.  

Jay has experience with tools so it makes this team build more productive.

Come to Oregon and help me :-) I have 2 TK's in the works and a friend with a trimmed kit; neither of us have progressed very much unfortunately. Nobody seems to like BBQ either, I keep trying to bribe people with meat to get an armor party together but I think Oregon must be full of Vegan-troopers...  :P

Edited by Starrfox1
  • Like 1

We call this the "UKSWARTH" method = Reinforcing the abs and cod assembly with additional strips and rubber washers

LOL... too funny Walter, though I think you meant Ab and Kidney, right?  :D

Also, you can have the title of "Walter's rubber washers" as I don't use those  :laugh1:

Excellent job BTW to the both of you. 

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

Come to Oregon and help me :-) I have 2 TK's in the works and a friend with a trimmed kit; neither of us have progressed very much unfortunately. Nobody seems to like BBQ either, I keep trying to bribe people with meat to get an armor party together but I think Oregon must be full of Vegan-troopers...  :P

Hello James, keep trying to reach them.  Do you have a build site on FISD?

looking very good! when do you guys do the armor parties? i need a little help with my TK badly...

We've been having monthly armor parties.   PM me for details.   There are members in the Salinas area.

LOL... too funny Walter, though I think you meant Ab and Kidney, right?  :D

Also, you can have the title of "Walter's rubber washers" as I don't use those  :laugh1:

Excellent job BTW to the both of you. 

hahahahaha! Thanks Tony!  I think I had sniffed too much abs glue.    Let me fix my post.  =)

Jay said he learned the rubber washers from you.  And it works great!   Overkill....but we learned something new!

Edited by Haribon72
  • Like 1