And so it begins....MTK

aintrabar

The inner strips don't have to be the 1.5mm ABS, I used some thin polyethylene plastic, similar to the kind on those plastic for sale signs. No one will see them from the outside.

Keep up the great work!

Adam is correct. You can use cheap For Sale sings from walmart. I choose to use the same material for the cover strips as inner strips as well. For my thigh shims, I used a thicker No Smoking sign! Go to the ANH Build section and look at UKSWRATH's build thread. Might be on page 2 but it is very detailed and will help you out a ton! 

Ok will give it a look. Some questions on the thighs. Should i close them up before putting the ammo pouch (knee) on? Watching the trooper bay video he doesent but i think it has to do with him fittin someone.

Also i still have some gaps on the lower connection point on the thigh. Should i fill them with something (spackel or anything you suggest?) 

A4B7D9CD-B04E-41BA-85D1-D229288A53A4_zps

When I assembled mine, I paired it from the bottom instead of from the top since I knew I had to trim anyways. The originals had a distinct line so try to get them flush and even as possible. You can use a scrap piece of ABS and glue it behind to get them flush. 

Ok did that with the second theigh. Funny thing i now realize is apperantly one of my legs is thicker than theother. so they are together. But a little messy. (i'm soo not gonna make centurion status) but it's my first build . On the left side theres a light behind it. so you can see the reinforcement on the inside heh

054BB66F-ECF6-44CA-855A-B4DD6CC53009_zps

Yay more progress. Got my ankles done, Kinda.. I still need to even up the bottoms and put on the knee piece. But makeing sure i have these right as per what goes where first. Also i can see i definatly need to reinforce the inside of the front join. As i feel the stress on them when i open it up to get my legs in. And need to do the strips and velcro on the back. (

316C849C-6F32-4E01-82E7-E7E70BAE414A_zps

So i got the velcro on and the sniper pad. Still trying to decide if i do a rivet or not.. The CPL says no rivit for leval 2 cirt. yet the tutorials here say to do a rivit (i did glue right now)

And yes i did put my thighs boots and ankel pices on and run around my house for a few.. kinda a nice feeling to see that i may someday really have armor to wear. No it's not going to make centurion this time. But i think it's goona look great to troop in!

Don't rivet the sniper knee!  The tutorial here is probably several years old, and the doesn't represent the latest research into Sniper Knee Technology.  (:

Armor party satuday! Soo hopeing to make some serious progress. Trimming down all my torso pieces now so that i can hopefully get lots of help wiht the snaps and webbing from the experts in my Garrison and maybe get thing fitted!

It really depends on how you plan to strap. If you are going screen accurate with the piano wire, you'll need quite a bit to get the screws in without it cracking. I did snaps and left 1/4 to 1/8" in parts like my kidney. On the bottom of my chest, I left more just to give it the illusion of being real armor. 

Yea i haven not made the decision on  the strapping. I have a Piano wire pre built kit i got (forgot who sells them but got it off this forum) but lots of people have told me if you want to troop forget that and go with normal straps. I have an armor party tomorrow and hopeing to get lots of good help and info (and maybe beg for some help on the strapping and fitting and sewing) 

yes i'm bringing lots of beer as a bribe hehe

I've got mine strapped with the piano wire setup from Mr. No Stripes... The only change I made was to get lock nuts (with the nylon compression fitting bit) because as I was walking around, the regular nuts it came with were backing off and falling out, which is no good.  I looked into using Loc-tite, but it turns out that it will eat through ABS, so I decided against that.  (:

Oh, and I added the single strap from chest to ab to keep the chest overlap in place.

If you're going the original strapping route, I'd keep about a half inch of return edge (as little as 3/8 inch should be fine).

Yea thats why i left a LOT on the torso pieces. I'm pretty friggin happy with my arms and legs. Fit well and look good. Now the fun. Just got back from Joanns to get all my nylon and webbing... hope to knock it out at the armor party today

It was good. Learned lots. Got snap plates going. Still working on them. But progress is being made heheh. Sad part is we have a trooper that just got his tfa kit. So a lot of us jumped in to help trimming his kit hehe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got it off eBay. Some on else had gotten most of the costume together including neck seals. Compression suit. Gloves tk boots. And the helmet was finished by mike himself. 850 for the whole thing. Who says you can't find good armor on eBay? Heh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk