Alternative TK Headgear

CommanderZel

I was thinking this morning about what a trooper might wear if he, for whatever reason, could not wear his bucket. The most common alternative to a bucket that I've seen is a beret, but I don't know anything about berets being used in the canon. I believe that the dress uniform for a TK is similar to the black imperial officer's uniform (I've never really known any of the terminology for those ensembles), but I really don't know.

At any rate, here's my question: If you were for some reason unable to wear your bucket, what would be the most appropriate headgear? From what little I know about military tradition, the covering of one's head seems to be relatively important. Would it be more appropriate to wear a beret or an imperial officer's cap or some other kind of head covering? Is there an answer to this somewhere in the EU that I'm unaware of?

Edited by CommanderZel

Interesting question really.  I'm not aware of anything in the EU that addressed it, but I only really read the EU early on.  

I do have one of the "Centurion" berets that I've worn with my Legion Racing Shirt at Conventions while not in my armor.

I'll be watching to see what people come up with.  :)

I will also say that I don't think an imperial officer's cap would look very good with TK armor. I like the way that the beret looks, I just also want to know if there's something else that's more accurate to existing material in Star Wars.
I don't think there is, but I also know very little about the EU.

I've got an Imperial Officer cap on order from Anovos... Whenever it gets here, I'll be wearing it when I don't have my bucket on for whatever reason.