gap limits - what's acceptable?

So, since I'm not exactly the same size as the TK-actors back in the 70ies, I'd like to ask if a gap between ab and kidneyplate is acceptable for minimum requirements. If so, what would be the tolerable gap limit?

I have been led to believe that a gap about 4cm wide would be acceptable (I have to admit mine is wider at the moment) for minimum requirements but have been told recently that absolutely no gap is allowed.

Could someone please clear this up for me, as I seem unable to find an adequate passage in the requirements?

You've come this far, why not go the distance. Don't fear the paste. It will be your best friend when your build is finished. Shim your gaps and fill your seams. It's just one more step. Sanding... And lots of it. But done correctly and no one can tell that you did anything at all.

8S7sqpH.png

ajvfUTb.jpg

YYrkDTK.jpg

• Like 1

I did not intend to go for EIB so far, but of course had it in mind as an option for later. Thx Coastertk for cheering me up and especially for those pics. Although I already had the whole paste experience with the back of my thighs, this is really encouraging. So much more positiv than just getting told to have to do this no matter what. :duim:

• 4 months later...

It's ABS paste, a mixture of off cuts of ABS and dropped into a jar of acetone. The smaller the bits the quicker it melts and becomes a goop.

Don't use too much acetone as it melts abs, you don't want it to melt your armour, but as you can see from the above images, it comes up a treat .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk