Forearm end alignment

Hello,

After getting my armor nearly 2 years ago I have finally found the courage to start trying to put it together. 

My left forearm (first two pieces of cutting and assembly) does not align well at the ends. I don't know if I should aline the wrist end, elbow end or split the difference. Or perhaps something else is wrong altogether? I took a picture of the elbow end with the wrist end aligned (I can't upload very much or I would have uploaded pictures of both ends).

Thanks,

Carl

post-18166-0-71548100-1434843138_thumb.jpg

align at the elbow and trim flush at the wrist. the wrist has no return edge anyway so trimming there is fine.

also... here is a little guide to posting pics on the forum.

Edited by cm325i
  • Like 2

align at the elbow and trim flush at the wrist. the wrist has no return edge anyway so trimming there is fine.

also... here is a little guide to posting pics on the forum.

that is the elbow section.

it looks like you've made the strips shorter near the elbow. 

there is supposed to be a return at the bottom of the elbow, and the crook of the elbow is supposed to be

no return edge.

you are suposed to align from the wrist end, and make your finishing strips long enough to cover the end of the elbow.

I disagree...

no matter which end you like to use the parts should be lined up, and covered completely by the joining strip.

This, I agree with. Carl was asking about lining up the forearm halves, not cover strips.