Service to get strapping on armour done? (GTA)

Not sure where to exactly post this, so I'll just throw this in here.

So summer is here and I'm thinking about undusting my GF Follano armour that I bought last fall. I had since forgotten about it but the Niagara Comic Con made me remember I still had it, unfortunately I am unable to still wear it to the Con.

It mainly needs a strapping system installed. (Granted, some small modifcations are needed but those aren't the priority now) How much do you guys think it would cost to pay someone to install it for me? (a fair estimation) I'm in the GTA so I'm looking for someone local of course. Asked around before for help but it doesn't seem like anyone wanted to help, so I've got no choice but to pay to get this done if I want to wear my armour.

My original armour thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29004-my-brand-new-gf-follano/

PS: As stated in my armour thread, I am not good with building anything with my hands. If anything, I usually end up breaking things and attempting to do it myself is the last thing I want to do. Originally I wanted to get this stuff done through the guidance and help of a veteran member but no one replied back so I'm stuck going through this route. Regardless, it's high time I finally made this armour wearable. My last resort would be to sell this armour off and buy a completed ANOVOS set, but obviously I'd rather not do that.

Edited by BlazeNova

Contact your local garrison. I'm sure there is some armor party

Going to second this, your local garrison (maybe even squad) will be uour best resource. They could even help you do it yourself.

Good luck!

Your info says you're in Ontario.  I went to the 501st page, looked under the Unit Listings, and found www.capitalcity501st.ca

If they're in your area, sign up on their message board, there's probably a section of it about building armor, and you may even have someone who helps other people there...

Good luck!

(But really, read all about it here, use E-6000, and then even if you mess it up, you can tear it off and try again!)

Your info says you're in Ontario.  I went to the 501st page, looked under the Unit Listings, and found www.capitalcity501st.ca

If they're in your area, sign up on their message board, there's probably a section of it about building armor, and you may even have someone who helps other people there...

Good luck!

(But really, read all about it here, use E-6000, and then even if you mess it up, you can tear it off and try again!)

Checked them out, unfortunately, they are Ottawa based. That's a bit too far, looking for something closer, local or in GTA.

I already tried registering on the Canadian Garrison forum but they only accept 501st members.

Are you sure you can't do it yourself? Believe me, strapping wasn't all that hard...rather easy actually. I also had zero experience building my TK. I just used all the info here and did it all myself. I made a bunch of snap plates, used the guide here to know where to glue them, and just played around with the strap construction to fit my body.

I initially thought it would be difficult...it wasn't at all!

If I could had, I would have done it by now. Rather get someone with experience to do it. Besides, I take no pleasure in the actual build process unlike others do. To each his own.

I recommend that you give it a try.  But, it's really up to you.  Honestly, it's not hard at all.  This may be your only option if there isn't anyone near you who can build the strap set-up for you.

You can probably buy pre-made snap plates from someone here.  Buy E-6000 glue from Home Depot or Michael's.  Use the diagram here to know where to glue them on the armor.  Allow it to dry 24 hrs.  Buy some nylon straps from a fabric store and make the straps for the snap plates.

You'll just have to buy snaps and snaps installation tool at the fabric store.

FYI for the record. He has been in touch with the Canadian Garrison. He was added, by me, to our potential recruit private FB page back in October.

Editing this post as I found a more up to date ask which did not get a proper reply. We'll reach out locally.

It's rather more surprising and shocking for me that with so many troopers in the GTA area, I still can't find anyone to help me out with this.

By any chance is the ANOVOS Stormtrooper 501st approved?

I find it more surprising and shocking that you won't even try to attempt it yourself.  I can TOTALLY understand someone's fear to cut and build an entire TK unassembled/untrimmed kit.  But in your case, it's only strapping it all together.

Honestly, I work in health care with absolutely ZERO experience with hands-on manual labor and power tools.  Yet, even I was able to do this myself!  Believe me, I'm not doggin' on you.....I'm just trying to help you and give you the courage to try it yourself.  Even if someone builds the straps and fits you, you're going to have to learn how to do it somewhat yourself because they can't fit you every time something gets loose and you need adjustment.

From the way it looks, you're looking for something that you can buy "off the rack" and be wearable immediately.  Sorry, but there's no way that's possible with most costumes....especially a storm trooper kit with so many parts.  Even with a suit off the rack, you'll likely have to have it altered.  

Edited by hon143