Introducing Star Wars to new people

endl3ss

Last night I was at my best friend's house for dinner. She has 3 kids, ages 6,4 and 1. The 6 yr old remembered coming over to my house and seeing my SW collection a while back and had a million questions about the key chains on my ring. I suggested that maybe they would like to see Star Wars someday- they immediately said "tonight!!!!!". I asked my friend if she would "mind" that the brainwashing would be starting- she was fine, even with the 4 year old watching. It was SOOOOO much fun! I am a firm believer in ANH being watched first and all was confirmed when the two kids cuddled up to me, awestruck, when the opening crawl ended with the Star Destroyer filling the screen. Magic!!!!

Last night I was at my best friend's house for dinner. She has 3 kids, ages 6,4 and 1. The 6 yr old remembered coming over to my house and seeing my SW collection a while back and had a million questions about the key chains on my ring. I suggested that maybe they would like to see Star Wars someday- they immediately said "tonight!!!!!". I asked my friend if she would "mind" that the brainwashing would be starting- she was fine, even with the 4 year old watching. It was SOOOOO much fun! I am a firm believer in ANH being watched first and all was confirmed when the two kids cuddled up to me, awestruck, when the opening crawl ended with the Star Destroyer filling the screen. Magic!!!!

Great story i always like telling little kids about the magical world of Star Wars. and when they see it they go Woooww... B)

Try and find the original versions of ANH, ESB and ROTJ if you can. I hate the redone ones. I think you can only find those on LaserDisc and VHS, I don't think they have it on DVD. Also, show them in the order that they came out like it was meant.

The Original Versions are available on DVD, if you can find the single movie DVDs of the OT, NOT the box set. They are 2 disc versions, and the 2nd disc is the Theatrical version.

i would have to go with the original then the prequels... i couldnt agree more that if i saw ep 1 i would not have finished the series... the prequels have a different feel to them... im sure it will be the same when the live action TV series comes out as well... you cant beat the original trilogy... they created alot of the technology back then... that made the movies...

but, my son is 14 and he loves the prequels... i think it depends on what you start with... he has seen the original episodes... but he went to the movies to see the prequels... it made a bigger impact on him... he could almost identify with them more...

so when we watch them... for his sake we watch them in episode order... i have to admit... all time favorite fight scene is in ROTS, young Vader against yound Obi Wan....

The Original Versions are available on DVD, if you can find the single movie DVDs of the OT, NOT the box set. They are 2 disc versions, and the 2nd disc is the Theatrical version.

Be warned, though, they're not anamorphic widescreen, and the colour transfer is crappy. If you can find one of the Criterion laster discs, you'd be much better off.

--Jonah