replica M39 scope from EvolutionProps.com

It's ok in general, but it's got some real accuracy problems in the detailing. I'd take a resin over this any day.

It's ok in general, but it's got some real accuracy problems in the detailing. I'd take a resin over this any day.

Same here.

Even the Scope from my crappy, Jedirobe blaster is more accurate than that thing ;)

Scott,

If you go to the RPF forum, search for DL-44 project by Boba Debt. He and another member there are in the works to produce aluminum castings of a real M19 with machined parts , and lenses. No set price yet but so far it is coming along nicely and think they won't cost more than the real ones.....I hope!

Yeah lol "m39" logically should exist but it's not that thing.

Figured it was worth asking about for $50. I had never heard of this site before... it's cause nobody endorses it😋

I'll take a look at that rpf scope project, that's what I was trying to find when I stumbled on this cheap one. I gotta make an account there! Thanks all

Scott,

If you go to the RPF forum, search for DL-44 project by Boba Debt. He and another member there are in the works to produce aluminum castings of a real M19 with machined parts , and lenses. No set price yet but so far it is coming along nicely and think they won't cost more than the real ones.....I hope!

One should think they would not start with the wrong material from the beginning. If going with metal casting, the accurate way would be brass casting.

One should think they would not start with the wrong material from the beginning. If going with metal casting, the accurate way would be brass casting.

I bet it's easier or cheaper to cast aluminum than brass. Pointless project if it turned out more expensive than a real one

Edited by charlesnarles

For a plastic or toy E-11, i would use a nice coldcast resinscope, and for a real Sterlingbuild of course only a real scope.

That's what I was thinking too; I'm using a steel base gun so I want to do a fully functional all-metal replica version using the replica counters sold here by... somebody. I'll get a real Sterling and authentic parts after I'm rich

I bet it's easier or cheaper to cast aluminum than brass. Pointless project if it turned out more expensive than a real one

Not really, the process of making is more or less the same, and at that small needed quantities the price of metal is also not that much different. For such small runs the most important thing (also pricewise) is to find someone who is willing to do it for a reasonable pricing.

Alu casting is more common, so i would assume it´s easier for them to find such a shop. (With some practice/skills and selfmade equipment you can even cast aluminium in your backyard.)

That's what I was thinking too; I'm using a steel base gun so I want to do a fully functional all-metal replica version using the replica counters sold here by... somebody. I'll get a real Sterling and authentic parts after I'm rich

Look out for a M38, or a (cheaper and less sccurate) M38A2 that you can shape accurate with some Bondo (or use it with internal lightning for the play factor).

Regarding "rich" - one thing i learned the hard way at collecting real stuff props, is: Prices for the real stuff are only going up.  :blink:  Buy whatever you can afford whenever you find it.

Sorry I am assuming aluminum. I just left a reply on the RPF to check the actual material used for the recanted scope.my bad for assuming.

Just asked Boba Debt on the RPF and he said it will be cast in brass! And the machined pistons parts too.i think this will be the next best thing to buying a real one for sure!

Just asked Boba Debt on the RPF and he said it will be cast in brass! And the machined pistons parts too.i think this will be the next best thing to buying a real one for sure!

Good decision on the scope.

Not sure yet what to think from brass made pistons - i guess it´s a question of personal preferences. On screen one kind of them (ESB) was plastic model-kit parts, the other kind (ROTJ) was made from Delrin on a lathe.