Difference between DD's complete & pipe kit

=Sv3=

First I'm sorry if this has been asked already, if it has, I couldn't find it!!

I'm one of the newbies who bought an Anovos kit and I'm looking at building a blaster. I've considered getting the new Disney blaster that just came out because it's innexpensive and you know, it's already fitted with electronics. However, there's no kit for converting it yet and it's a little bit small compared to the real thing. I haven't ruled it out yet and it might turn out to be a great first blaster but I'd like to see more build thread and opinions before committing on it.

So, I've been looking and the DD kit and of course it's out of stock! I was considering getting the pipe kit but first I'd like to make sure of a few things.

Is it me or there are several things missing from the pipe kit? From what I can tell, I'd have to buy the scope and the Hengstler counter separately, on top of the pipe and scope rail.

Am I missing something or is that correct? If so, since I have a few months before BBB, should I take my chances and wait for the complete kit?

BTW, I know about the other GREAT options offered by members here but at some point, I have to stick to my budget for this which is as low as possible while still ending up with a nice blaster...

So, what do you think?

Hi David and welcome to the FISD :salute:

It is a good idea to use the waiting time for a blaster build and without your last sentence, I would have recommended to contact Derrek (DDay) to get on the waiting list for his new kits...

You seem to look for the DoopyDoo's kits, so yes you are correct - for one their pipe builds you will need some additional parts which will change the price in the end.

The full resin kits have everything included what you'll need (except the scope rail) but sell out very fast. If you really want to go for a DoopDoo's you can leave your email address on their homepage to be informed, if new kits are available.

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 1

I got an ANH Doopy Hasbro conversion kit and it came with a hollowed-out counter (to fit over the old one), and with a scope front piece. I'd be surprised if Doopy wouldn't give you both a full counter and scope with an ANH completion kit (my ESB promo pipe kit from DVH sure came with a scope)

Thanks T-Jay! I've registered to the mailing list so we'll see... Thanks for pointing that out!

I've seen Dday's blasters and I'd buy from him without hesitation but I was hoping to get a blaster for under 100$.

I got an ANH Doopy Hasbro conversion kit and it came with a hollowed-out counter (to fit over the old one), and with a scope front piece. I'd be surprised if Doopy wouldn't give you both a full counter and scope with an ANH completion kit (my ESB promo pipe kit from DVH sure came with a scope)

Hi there!

You're the one who made me consider the new Disney blaster! Do you own a full scale blaster and if so, do you think the new Disney one will be a worthy alternative?

Hi there!

You're the one who made me consider the new Disney blaster! Do you own a full scale blaster and if so, do you think the new Disney one will be a worthy alternative?

Hey ya,

I don't have a 1:1, just going off of dimensions and pictures I find online. The Disney's pipe is 83% scale in diameter but they're the right length at 18.25 to 18.5 inches and most parts are 1:1 (rounded rectangle handle vs original round, but accurate length/width). And you can easily upgrade the tiny parts with those from a pipe kit. We'll have official feedback at some point (idk the protocol). But most 1:1 resin/rubber models don't go PEW PEW!😉

Edited by charlesnarles

A quick heads-up on the Doopydoos "email me when this is in stock" deal, David, when you get the email, order it immediately.  I waited 4 hours, and they were all gone again, it's just that quick.  Also, be prepared to hurry up and wait, (up to 6 weeks), and don't expect much in the way of communication.  It will get to you, though.   It's a nice kit, and a fun build.

Hey ya,

I don't have a 1:1, just going off of dimensions and pictures I find online. The Disney's pipe is 83% scale in diameter but they're the right length at 18.25 to 18.5 inches and most parts are 1:1 (rounded rectangle handle vs original round, but accurate length/width). And you can easily upgrade the tiny parts with those from a pipe kit. We'll have official feedback at some point (idk the protocol). But most 1:1 resin/rubber models don't go PEW PEW!😉

You had me at PEW!

So hard to resist a blaster that "works"

A quick heads-up on the Doopydoos "email me when this is in stock" deal, David, when you get the email, order it immediately. I waited 4 hours, and they were all gone again, it's just that quick. Also, be prepared to hurry up and wait, (up to 6 weeks), and don't expect much in the way of communication. It will get to you, though. It's a nice kit, and a fun build.

Thanks! I'll watch out for that email then!

FYI apparently tracking numbers are an expensive premium option in Europe so it's not like they're being unreasonable if they don't respond with one when you ask! International shipping is crazy anyhow. Trust in the force.

Edited by charlesnarles