Tip for fixing the non-aligning Kidney/Abdomen pieces

Wanted to share a tip with everyone who is having trouble stopping the kidney piece from shifting up, causing it to not be level with the abdomen piece.  

So many of us with the basic strapping get this, usually due to the strapping being elastic, too long or whatever-

h2Hcw65.jpg

OK, to fix this, here is what I have done.  

For the rivet side, this is easier, as you simply do not use elastic, but instead non stretchable THICK pieces of nylon strapping.  Really no room on this side for it shift.  

GtRaCNG.jpg

ExOeKCT.jpg

For the opening of the clamshell side, you can take a scrap piece of ABS, heat it a bit to get the bend correct, and attach your velcro.  So velcro on one end that affix's to velcro on the abdomen, the other end of the ABS is glued to the kidney piece.  

xpZfvcx.jpg

X7DWAJD.jpg?1

ZpYKmJu.jpg

You then simply slip the clam around you, and affix the ABS velcro piece from the kidney to the velcro side of the abdomen.  Done!  This totally stops the kidney from riding up and shifting and you do not even know it is there.  I then do the strapping as usual just for extra.  

And here you go- good luck! 

TW07Xug.jpg?1

Edited by Tusken RTT
  • Like 3

I had the same issue. I just shortened the elastic straps by folding the elastic strip in half and using my sewing machine to create a seam. That way, I don't waste a strip of elastic and the snaps. Also, if I messed up, I can always remove the seam and put in a new one.

But OP's idea sounds good too.