Doopydoo's E11 blaster inpotentia

Bekka22

So my brown box has arrived from Doopydoo's. I thought I'd give a blaster a go to learn this model making stuff while I'm waiting for my armour to get here from the US.

Me and my dremel have some work to do I think. Anyone with tips please drop me a line, this is my first go at model making.

post-22487-0-33461000-1430814577_thumb.jpg

Hi Rebecca and welcome to the "white zone".

You already have the most important tool for such a build and now it is up to you, how accurate you want it to be in the end...

Do you aim for Bapty style, factory new appearance or a weathered blaster?

I highly recommend a completion set from "T-Jay", then there's the new and improved Magazine from "Gazmosis", and the excellent power cylinders from "Playfulwolfcub".

Before you know it you have more bits & pieces than you started with, but hopefully a stunning blaster at the end, I can say this with the complete confidence of somebody who has still not finished his blaster, even with all the bits & pieces mentioned above :)

• Like 1

Hi Rebecca!  It all depends on what level of accuracy you are looking for, how much time you want to put into it, how much fun you want to have building it, and how much you want to spend!  Like Art said, T-Jay, Gazmosis, and Playfulwolfcub all have great upgrades, and I would recommend checking out Dark CMF's E-11 build, (the one I mainly followed).  Lots of pics, and crazy accuracy.  There are many builds on here, just check out the E-11 threads, and that should help you out.  I would also recommend starting a build thread, so you can post your progress pics and ask as many questions as you need.  One last thing... Stay organized!  It helps immensely to get some small plastic containers to keep everything where it needs to be, and so that you don't misplace the small parts.  All the best on your build!

The Doopy kit is very much a "glue and go" kit. With anything on here though, research is key. There are things to do and NOT to do. Scan other builds, find what you are comfortable attempting, use the upgrades listed above if you want to improve the kit and have the skills to do so. Use pics of the real Sterling available in the photo references above to see what the real thing looks like. Remember, the only foolish question is the one you didn't ask.

I've been having some fun constructing my blaster. I've attached the pistol grip to the main body. I've started the mod to create a working trigger but don't have a dobor spring to finish the mechanism yet.