PVC or ABS

As the title says I am deciding between ABS and PVC. I am leaning more towards PVC right now because I have been reading around and seen that PVC is generally shiny, I like shiny, it does not discolor, and it generally will not warp in heat.  I live in California and it can get pretty hot.  Is one harder to keep clean than the other?  As a person that has never built before is one better to build with than the other?

Hi Matt!  I have ABS, and it is pretty shiny, I must say, but others should weigh in.  I have read that there are products to protect it from discoloring, and have not heard anything about it warping from heat.  I live in central FL. (also pretty hot), and have had no problems with that.  Also, no problems in keeping it clean.  I double as a HWT, and have to put charcoal dust and hairspray on it, and it comes off well, and for minor smudges, (like when my bucket neck seal rubs on the chest plate), a Mr. Clean magic eraser sponge works great.  Hope this helps!

Hi Matt, would say it also depends a bit on what type of trooper you are planning to build.

RS for example recommends to choose PVC when people order their "Move Along" sandtrooper helmet.

ABS seems to be a good choice for the cleaner armors and some makers even offer different types of ABS (like standard or acrylic capped - for a more glossy look)

When I struggled with that decision, it was very useful to actually see some armors in real. My intention was to build a clean white trooper, but when I saw one of the glossy versions, it appeared to me as being a bit too much.

In the end I took the standard ABS (as the screen used suits had) and here you can see, how it looks (added some light weathering later) http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28549-fully-finished-anh-stunt-tk-15mm-abs-from-troopermaster-with-some-modifications/

Hi Matt!  I have ABS, and it is pretty shiny, I must say, but others should weigh in.  I have read that there are products to protect it from discoloring, and have not heard anything about it warping from heat.  I live in central FL. (also pretty hot), and have had no problems with that.  Also, no problems in keeping it clean.  I double as a HWT, and have to put charcoal dust and hairspray on it, and it comes off well, and for minor smudges, (like when my bucket neck seal rubs on the chest plate), a Mr. Clean magic eraser sponge works great.  Hope this helps!

Yes it does! Thank you for your advice!

Hi Matt, would say it also depends a bit on what type of trooper you are planning to build.

RS for example recommends to choose PVC when people order their "Move Along" sandtrooper helmet.

ABS seems to be a good choice for the cleaner armors and some makers even offer different types of ABS (like standard or acrylic capped - for a more glossy look)

When I struggled with that decision, it was very useful to actually see some armors in real. My intention was to build a clean white trooper, but when I saw one of the glossy versions, it appeared to me as being a bit too much.

In the end I took the standard ABS (as the screen used suits had) and here you can see, how it looks (added some light weathering later) http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28549-fully-finished-anh-stunt-tk-15mm-abs-from-troopermaster-with-some-modifications/

I am planning on building ANH stunt from RS, thanks for the link also, helps a lot!!