need questions

i met Chris Parsons today, and he had alot to say about ESB and Rotj. When i found out that he was a stormtrooper i told him about this site and that alot of people might have some questions, he said if any of you come up with some questions ill ask him and report back. He was in ESB as K3po, 4LOM, TK and a TS (the gunner on the e-web!!!). when i asked him about the TK helmet, he said it had bubble lenses (which i know as true because of the picture of him in the armor with the bubble lenses) and that they were a greenish color!!!

anyway please come up with some questions

he was also stand in for C3po in ROTJ, one of the many scenes where it was him was the floating chair in the ewok village.

i will be leaving to see him at 12-1 pm Central standard time US

First question = what do you have in your attic?! :lol:

i met Chris Parsons today, and he had alot to say about ESB and Rotj.............when i asked him about the TK helmet, he said it had bubble lenses (which i know as true because of the picture of him in the armor with the bubble lenses) and that they were a greenish color!!!

Can you plz post the pic of him as an ESB Stormtrooper with *bubble lenses*? I'd love to see that, as the vast majority of ESB troopers used refurbished ANH Stunt helmets, and retained the flat acetate lense.

There are however, a couple of pics where you can see what appears to be a re-furbished ANH Hero helmet, with a low brow and and short frown/mouth.... the pic I'm thinking of is movie-still of the troopers on Cloud City's steps behind Lobot.

If that is the case, then he can specifically point himself out in this pic / in the movie as the only re-used Hero helmet-ed trooper ;)

Cheers,

John

I met Chris a few years ago...nice bloke.

He answered all my questions as best he could. He had this picture in front of him to sign and I asked him if he was in it, and he said yes, but couldn't remember which one he was?

4gWQG4R.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Does he have any pictures of behind the scenes production of the movies that we could slobber over?

What did the he get paid as an extra?

Did he get to keep anything, any momento's?

How long did he work in each film?

Does he know the names of the other extra's who played stormtroopers? Are they available for contact as well?

What was his worst moment?

What was his most memorable?

Thanks!

Oh and ask him whether he noticed that Carrie was stoned out of her box during filming!

:lol: PMSL! Carrie did admit in an interview that she was stoned for most of the production of ROTJ, so I dunno if she was 'using' during TESB or not?!

As for the 'box' reference Jez... I'm no expert but there are many different forms of taking the 'bad stuff'... snorting, smoking, injecting.... but I didn't realise that a lady could use that form of entry?! ;)

That is indeed a great pic that you posted Paul - I have the original Lobby Card somewhere, if anyone wants it scanned and posted HI-RES, let me know :)

Cheers,

John

troopermaster said:
I met Chris a few years ago...nice bloke.

He answered all my questions as best he could. He had this picture in front of him to sign and I asked him if he was in it, and he said yes, but couldn't remember which one he was?

4gWQG4R.jpg

ooohhh look at those helmets and armor.

where's the "drooling" emoticon when you need it!

Edited by gmrhodes13

Hahaha... you know me too well, Paul! You can call me Finbarr Saunders from now on! (that'll really confuse the Americans! :P

I bought an original lobby card of this image YEARS ago for a fair amount of money. My intention was to take it to someplace and have it blown up to poster size... unfortunately the lobby card is pretty grainy, and the resulting poster had such bad colour on it, it looked like poor Lobot had fallen asleep in the mid-day sun!

Here's the pic... would make a nice 8" X 10" or a desktop background for your computer....

----------------

As for the original question about 'what to ask Chris Parsons'? I don't want to be a wet-blanket, but his answers may not be 100% factual... I've emailed a few of the Stormtrooper extras, and whilst they all seem to be really nice blokes, at the time it was 'just another job' to them.

Remember Jeremy Bulloch stating that the Boba Fett helmet was metal? <_<

But all the same, he may have some cracking anecdotes to share... maybe some involving the scrumptious Miss. Fisher?! Mmmmmm... Paul Simon was a lucky man ;)

Cheers,

John

PS - I forgot to say... if he's positive that his stormtrooper helmet had bubbled lenses, then it looks like he was the trooper in the middle of this pic.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

sorry guys but i met him last sat and sun, by the time he left nobody had come up with questions. I wish i had thought of the idea before the actual conv. you guys came up with some amazing questions.

Thomas

Just to quickly go a bit off topic, what are the 2 black lines on the leading edge of the hand plates ?

dnHwQux.jpg

Looks almost like they have put 2 small holes in the hand backs and stitched them on?

Edited by gmrhodes13

carbonitekid said:
Just to quickly go a bit off topic, what are the 2 black lines on the leading edge of the hand plates ?

dnHwQux.jpg

Looks almost like they have put 2 small holes in the hand backs and stitched them on?

That's pretty much what they did with the ESB handplates... vac-formed with lil' slots cut into them. Then white thread was preseumably passed between the slots and stitched into the back of the gloves.

If you look closely in some other shots, you'll also see these little slots cut into the side of some of the handplates.

Some ESB handplates don't have these slots cut into them, so it's anyone's guess how they were attached... maybe ROTJ-style elasticated black bands that fit around the hand (like 90% of the fan-made replica suits have)

Cheers,

John

Edited by gmrhodes13

That's pretty much what they did with the ESB handplates... vac-formed with lil' slots cut into them. Then white thread was preseumably passed between the slots and stitched into the back of the gloves.

If you look closely in some other shots, you'll also see these little slots cut into the side of some of the handplates.

Some ESB handplates don't have these slots cut into them, so it's anyone's guess how they were attached... maybe ROTJ-style elasticated black bands that fit around the hand (like 90% of the fan-made replica suits have)

Cheers,

John

Thanks for the clarifying info mate. :D:salute: